WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My copy of "Forty Years" arrived today.
I had a real hard time setting it aside to write this thread.
It's truly extraordinary.
We all owe Pete a debt of gratitude for the effort and dedication that are so very evident in every page.

That being said, I haven't located the book's several paragraphs on how to hide my first orange watch from my wife. The 5000T will be here soon, so I've got to figure this out.

Seriously though, thanks Pete for the magnificent book.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just got my book today too. All I can say is WOW! Doc, ya done good. ;-)

For those of you on the fence, the book is really great. I can't wait for the Doc's new book.

·
14,594 Posts
Anyone who has spent any time in it realizes that it is a labor of love. Truly a masterpiece. I pull out my "reference" copy and look stuff up constantly.:-!

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
I pull out my "reference" copy and look stuff up constantly.:-!
Same here. I keep my copy on top of the mantle in the bedroom. I'm always grabbing it to look something up.:)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I just received mine as well and it is fantastic. Everything from the cover to the beautiful photos and artwork is top notch. Clearly a labor of love by Pete and a treasure for all Doxaholics. Thanks, Pete...:thanks

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Y'all are killin' me .... I need to save $$ for a 1000T DS AND a 5000T Sharky, and here you are pushing THE book .....................

If I bum a dollar from 80 people coming through the door at the mall ...........

:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

Cheers!
Bill

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have said it previously. Every serious Doxa collector should have this standard reference book.
When I got mine,consultations were done every day. I thought that after intensive use the book could show some wear and tear. That is why I have ordered a second copy to keep it pristine in the orange cover box as a gem. This book is worth every cent.
Regards,
Adrian.:-!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Got my book yesterday and all I can say is:

!!Well done Dr. Pete!!:thanks:thanks

Regards
Bob:-d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts