WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Fedex guy showed this am without adue........ and in his hot little hands was "THE" box.

A cut here and a cut there and the Kobold box opened to reveal the great timepiece it held.

Nice cloth, nice booklet and patch... all cool but let's get to the good stuff. Popped it open and there it was SS Phantom in PVD with an extra Black 4 Ring Zulu.
Little adjust ment to the band adjuster with all the links in and it was a prefect fit.... except I had to take the SEAL Ti off.

So now at the house and here's the two pieces together in the Kobold box.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Congratulations!! That is an awesome looking watch.

A day with a new Kobold = A GREAT DAY! :-d

Wear it in great health.
Al

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Congrats that looks fantastic. I am jealous. Wear in good health, great watch. Anxious to hear your thoughts as she gets some wrist time.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I want the Seal's PVD Bezel. How about you rent it out while you are wearing the Phantom??

I'm first in line guys. b-)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I hate to tell you this, but there is a BIG problem with your pictures...

You have THREE slots in the box, but only TWO Kobolds :rodekaart

On behalf of all Koboldians, I command you to go out and buy the SMG-1 so that the last spot in your box is filled.

Whew--got that taken care of. Congrats--both watches look terrific. :-!

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Daniel, my Kobold box only has two slots, and they are filled. Does that mean I can't buy another Kobold? Or that I have to buy a new one with a three watch box? But would that mean I have to buy two more to fill the two watch box I now have? HMMMM

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I've got a three-watch Kobold box, but sadly only one Kobold to keep in it. :-( I guess these guys will have to keep my SEAL company until I can secure the funds for a Phantom Tactical and LSD...

Anyway roadshadowww, you know who to call when you get tired of your Phantom, right?

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Adam, looks like they are in good company to me. And thanks for reminding Roadshaddow to call me when he gets tired of the Phantom.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Adam,

Yaoza! Thats a nice collection. Is yaoza a word?

I don't recognize the beauty out of the box, what is it? The only watch in your sig. I don't know is the Ikepod, so I assume that is what it is. Can you tell us more about the watch?

Kev.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Adam,

Yaoza! Thats a nice collection. Is yaoza a word?

I don't recognize the beauty out of the box, what is it? The only watch in your sig. I don't know is the Ikepod, so I assume that is what it is. Can you tell us more about the watch?

Kev.
Thanks for the kind words, Kev. The watch in question is indeed the Ikepod Seaslug. Check out this thread for more info: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=80268&highlight=Ikepod. Give it a read, and I'm sure you'll find out way more than you want to about this watch (hey, what can I say, I was excited). The short version goes something like this:

- 100M WR
- COSC ETA 2893-2
- Stainless steel
- Sapphire sandwich
- Natural rubber strap
- Tritium hands/dial

Regards,
Adam

PS - I'm sure you had no trouble identifying the watch to the left of the SEAL... ;-)

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, Kev. The watch in question is indeed the Ikepod Seaslug. Check out this thread for more info: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=80268&highlight=Ikepod. Give it a read, and I'm sure you'll find out way more than you want to about this watch (hey, what can I say, I was excited). The short version goes something like this:

- 100M WR
- COSC ETA 2893-2
- Stainless steel
- Sapphire sandwich
- Natural rubber strap
- Tritium hands/dial

Regards,
Adam

PS - I'm sure you had no trouble identifying the watch to the left of the SEAL... ;-)
Thanks for the info on the Seaslug. What a strange name for a watch? Always more to learn.

And, yeah, I don't think anyone who has ever visited a watch forum would have any problem recognizing any of the watches in the box. True, iconic, examples of each brand. Instantly recognizable, from a across the room as Panerai, Kobold and Rolex. Nice.;-)

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Thanks for the info on the Seaslug. What a strange name for a watch? Always more to learn.

And, yeah, I don't think anyone who has ever visited a watch forum would have any problem recognizing any of the watches in the box. True, iconic, examples of each brand. Instantly recognizable, from a across the room as Panerai, Kobold and Rolex. Nice.;-)
Yes, I suppose they're rather obvious, though unless I'm very much mistaken doesn't a 112 grace your wrist from time to time?

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Congrats! I just received my Phantom Wednesday too. I %$# love it!! It's a keeper. At least this month. Enjoy yours! Chronometer

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Wow! Wow! Wow!

Love the pics! Congrats! That Phantom is a stunning!

Please post some wrist shots and natural light shots when possible. I just love that watch!

Kev.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I hope that everyone knows that there is a 0-60 and 60-0 bezels...I have the standard "divers" bezel on mine and also have the other.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I've got a three-watch Kobold box, but sadly only one Kobold to keep in it. :-( I guess these guys will have to keep my SEAL company until I can secure the funds for a Phantom Tactical and LSD...

Anyway roadshadowww, you know who to call when you get tired of your Phantom, right?

Regards,
Adam
Nice collection!

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Hey Adam

I love de slug....thanks for the education, all of the background etc on your link earlier this year.

I think when/if we have our NE mini GTG early next year you should definitely bring de slug along. I want to see it. Pweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. :thanks I bet others would like to see and touch it as well.

Happy Thanksgiving

1 - 20 of 21 Posts