WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share a just-made observation: my MO is dead-on with respect to atomic time. Not interesting in itself, but... in was also dead-on on February 5th, the last time I checked. I know they have a reputation for accuracy, but this is almost ridiculous....

Canadian Jim

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share a just-made observation: my MO is dead-on with respect to atomic time. Not interesting in itself, but... in was also dead-on on February 5th, the last time I checked. I know they have a reputation for accuracy, but this is almost ridiculous....

Canadian Jim
Gotta love it!

Glen

·
Registered
363 Posts
of course it could have gained/lost a complete 12 hours in that period :-d...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Candian Jim, speaks to the quality of Stowa craftsmanship. Did you have your movement COSC certified? Is that something that you think is worth doing? And more generally, does anyone know if the COSC certification process physically changes the movement? Sam

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine has been keeping superb time also. I don't check it against the atomic clock, just my quartz reference (an older but nearly perfect accurate Tag). Since my MO is worn in rotation I usually let it run down in between wearings. So knat's ass accuracy is less important to me. But, as far as I can tell it's within a few seconds a day. Given the price of this watch, this is fantastic performance.

You gotta love that beautiful Unitas movement. Interestingly, my other hand-wind, a Speedmaster Pro - which uses a gorgeous Lemania movement, also keeps incredibly accurate time - and it's got some age. Go figure. :-!
RCH

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Candian Jim, speaks to the quality of Stowa craftsmanship. Did you have your movement COSC certified? Is that something that you think is worth doing? And more generally, does anyone know if the COSC certification process physically changes the movement? Sam
No, it was not certified. Pros and cons of certification have been discussed previously: as far as Stowa products are concerned, I seem to remember a consensus to the effect that the standard movements are factory-adjusted to high standards already. That's what convinced me to pass on the certification anyway, and I don't regret it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts