WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sponsor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

For those who don’t know me, I’m George Fatakhov, co-owner of Phigora, a New York City based luxury watch shop.

Phigora is your source for pre-owned luxury watches. Our mission is to provide the best care and attention to our customers as well as our watches.

I wanted to introduce Phigora to the readers of Watchuseek. And lay a foundation for a thread to discuss the pre-owned watch industry, share updates on some cool and interesting watches that we love, special offers, and get feedback from you guys on everything from watches you own to watches you seek. (pun intended :) )

About Us

Our origin story is a relatively humble one. My partner, Mike Iskhakov, and I are childhood friends and have gone through high school, undergraduate school, and law school together. We also happened to share a passion for watches and entrepreneurship. To get by in law school we scraped up the little money we each had at the time and began to trade pre-owned watches.

A slight stroke of luck helped us start a business that we now love to run.

One of the first watches we purchased, in 2012 was a rare and stunning Rolex ref. 4768, Antimagnetic chronograph. Beautiful 18k pink gold case with faceted teardrop lugs. Matte silver dial with applied pink gold indexes, pink gold hands, triple register chronograph, and a triple date display. A true gem! Because we were not seasoned sellers of vintage watches, we decided to sell this timepiece via an Antiqurom auction held in New York. The watch sold at a great profit for us. This propelled my partner and I to take the next step and start a business.

Rolex 4768.jpg

Today we are a small team with an office location in Midtown Manhattan. Our small size is our biggest strength. Quality versus quantity, always. We service a relatively small number of clients but provide the best possible care to them and their watches.

Our Core Values

Customer Care. Buying, selling, or trading a pre-owned watch is a pretty big deal, we understand this. This is why we build a true lasting relationship with all customers. Most of the time you will speak directly to me or my partner, Mike. We know our watches best and so you can feel confident in dealing with us. If you need a specific watch to be sourced, we will be your watch finders. If you need to sell your watch for fast cash or maybe trade it in because it’s time for a change, we will buy your watch outright or accept it as a trade. If you need your watch serviced or polished, bring it to us and we will have It serviced by our experienced watchmakers.

Watch Care. A pre-owned watch deserves lifetime care. First, all our watches are hand curated to ensure the best quality. Prior to being listed all watches are authenticated, inspected, and serviced. We specialize in restoring watches to their original factory condition. They will then go through a final inspection before being shipped out; tested on professional Swiss timing machines for amplitude and beat-error, and pressure tested. Every watch is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity and a one year warranty.

Favorite Watches in Our Collection

Heuer Autavia 11630 – This is my personal favorite watch, and It’s not hard to understand why. The case is unpolished and the dial is perfect. We have a pretty decent Heuer collection for you vintage lovers, and we love to buy them if you have one to sell.

H0919171X01.jpg

Breitling 188 Chronomat – This is a beauty. A non-chronograph chronomat. Very rare Breitling made in limited quantities. It’s an oversized case that doesn’t feel heavy, and it has a lapis blue dial that’s really cool to look at. Check it out here

BREITLING CHRONOMAT BR0919171X01.jpg

Rolex Datejust 16220 – A great every day watch. They come in different dials, but my favorite is the silver dial with stick marker and the roman numerals on the outer trim. A reliable precision movement is a must for daily wear. Check out our large selection of Rolex Datejust watches.

rx1101166x01.jpg

If you find yourself in NYC please visit us at our offices. We are at 1177 6th Avenue, 5th floor, New York, NY 10036.

You can also call us at 646-760-4538 if you need an opinion on a watch or just want to chat :)

Looking forward to your feedback!

Cheers,

George

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
38,015 Posts
Welcome to WatchUSeek George! I was just in your neck of the woods for the W&W Wind Up last weekend. Those guys outdid themselves this year.

Great looking Autavia by the way.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Good morning! Enjoyed your story. When you say “lifetime care,” does that mean anything about service for watches you sell?
Thanks!

·
Sponsor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good morning! Enjoyed your story. When you say “lifetime care,” does that mean anything about service for watches you sell?
Thanks!
Thank you for reading our story!

When we say "lifetime care" it pertains to both our customers and the watches we sell.
All of our watches come with a one year warranty, But we also understand that a watch needs care for more than just one year. If you bought a watch from us then you should feel confident that you can send your watch to us even if its past the one year warranty. We promise to be transparent with you and will help with resolving all issues. We have in house watchmakers and polishers with over 20 years of experience, so your watch is always in the best hands.
We also want to give our customers the right care throughout their lifetime. This means helping with selling their old watches, servicing their existing watches, and sourcing any watch they've been looking for.
Essentially we are saying that we want to establish a relationship for life and promise to give you the care you and your watch deserve.

·
Premium Member
12,971 Posts
That is good to know.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Do you ship internationally (with insurance)? Might be interesting for non CONUS collectors.

·
Sponsor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you ship internationally (with insurance)? Might be interesting for non CONUS collectors.

Yes we do ship internationally, all of our shipments are fully insured!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Interesting story and that would be a great Rolex for one to own. It would be neat if some day you located it and purchased it back for display.

·
Registered
30,562 Posts
Just checked your site, there’s a fair bit of stock. Wish I knew about you guys the last time I was in NYC

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have shopped on your website. I have no complaints but if you are interested in constructive criticism, shoot me a PM and I’ll tell you why I didn’t buy the BP FF on your site before last Christmas.

·
Sponsor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting story and that would be a great Rolex for one to own. It would be neat if some day you located it and purchased it back for display.

Hmmm I think I may just go hunting for this watch...would make me one happy camper to get that watch back someday :)

·
Sponsor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am in the City tomorrow. You open on Saturdays?
Unfortunately we are closed on Saturdays. We are here Mondays through Fridays, 9:30-6:30pm. Come by anytime or call to schedule a time 646-760-4538.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts