WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I attended the Acht & Ace (sponsors) Sneaker and G-Shock event in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. This G-Shock art impression was painted on the watch window of Acht (eight in Dutch) store:

Through the "display" the visitor got a good sight of the limited edition sneakers and G-Shocks by two US artists (or rappers?):

The ACE team was of course present. From left to right: Esther and Tamara:

Also photographed by Dimer, also ACE of course:

Because I am not quite the G-Shock nor a sneaker expert, I brought a friend with me, who definitely is one. Here's him on the left talking to Robert-Jan Broer from Fratellowatches:

Below, from left to right: Tamara and Farid, both from ACE:

While I was taking photos, Dale and Dimer joined them:

Can you tell they LOVE G-Shocks?

Bas Boersma (Casio Europe) was also present and he showed me the new G-Shock featuring bluetooth (iPhone 4s or 5 compatible). Cool App, cool features!

The watch (see below) will be available in a couple of different colors:

Bas Boersma (Casio EU) shows the App to Dimer (ACE):

And now, a VERY special guest (and moderator of this great forum), the one and ONLY (drum rolls) Sjors !!!!

Sjors was exhibiting several unique, rare G-Shocks from his own collection:

The G-Shocks were presented in these little plastic boxes:

Check the white one, you will see it back further on in this report....

Can you name both of these guys? They are both cruising this forum on a (very) frequent basis:

And can you name the G-Shock below?:

From left to right: Bernard Werk (Watching Magazine) and Robert-Jan Broer (Fratellowatches):

I bet we will see some pictures by Sjors in this forum any time soon :)

And now some sneakers!

Didn't know there were SO many enthusiasts, and SO many limited editions. Here are some LE Jordans:

Alon, CEO of ACE was wearing some nice Nike sneakers, here he is together with Robert-Jan:

Back to G-Shocks, gentlemen!

30 Anniversary Mudmans!

Remember I asked you to remember the white G-Shock? My friend bought it!

I'll be honest with you all. I went to the event without wearing a G-Shock. I didn't own one (sorry!), but that changed the very minute I got my eyes on this beauty:

I'm wearing it while I type :)

From left to right, the owner of the Acht sneaker store, and Alon, CEO of ACE:

Many sneaker and G-Shock fans were at the party. Here's an overview:

Just before my friend and I left, Bas and he took a panorama picture on their iPhone 5:

Sjors saw it was good:

Thanks to Acht and ACE for a great evening. Amazing show, great people.

Related links: Acht Amsterdam, sneakers by Nike, Reebok, Saucony, Filling Pieces, Jordan, Pony en Kangaroos / ACE Jewelers | De Exclusieve Online Juwelier van Nederland - Geauthoriseerd door elk merk op deze site / G-Peopleland

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,599 Posts
Thanks for the great report Ernie. I have a lot of photo's, but haven't got time to do the editing and arranging. I'm pretty tired of the almost 5 hours driving yesterday, the party and also working at school. I should start tomorrow morning.

The guy I am talking to is our good friend Dreski, who was wearing his 30th Anniversary Haze \(^0^)/
I think most members will recognize the G-Shock x The Hundreds collaboration model (^.-)
He has posted his review on the
Dutch Horloge Forum (in Dutch!).

Cheers,

Sjors

PS: Nice Maharishi model. Be sure to read my article on 50 Gs about this one. It is really special. The promotion video was projected several times by the VJ.

PPS: Nice cameo (pic with me and my collection) :)

PPPS:

Attachments

·
Editor
1,753 Posts
Very cool pics! I'll post mine ASAP. I think I can speak for everyone if I say we had a blast! But what else can you expect at a party with friends, G-Shocks, Sneakers, Mojitos and good music?

Special thanks to Sjors for having a small piece of his collection at the party.

Reactions: Dale Vito and Sjors

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,599 Posts
Very cool pics! I'll post mine ASAP. I think I can speak for everyone if I say we had a blast! But what else can you expect at a party with friends, G-Shocks, Sneakers, Mojitos and good music?
Hi Dimer,

I have nothing to add. It was just perfect, like a mini Shock The World party. Totally worth the almost 5 hour driving to Amsterdam and Back. Also had great time with Bas (B-Shock) with one of the best burgers I ever had in a typical dutch (dark brown) café and I am very pleased I finally met Dreski in person.

Road Street light Night Highway Sky

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to write such a fantastic report Ernie. It really gave me a good flavour of the atmosphere there. Wish I could have attended.

I am really liking Ace as a sponsor of this forum, they seem to have a genuine sense of enthusiasm for the brand.

Mitch

·
Registered
978 Posts
It's unfortunate I wasn't able to fly over while I'm in München. Next time! Looking great Sjors!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I apologize for not knowing who they are. The fact that I wrote rappers, has nothing to do with their color, and I think your comment is inappropriate in that way.
And I apologise if you think it was inappropriate. But may I ask, why did you assume they were rappers?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.