WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was not sure if this was a franken or not.... it appears like Komandirskie case with amphibian dial face and not sure of the back... ?

or is this an amphibian model ?

it has screw down crown..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I've been looking everywhere on the net and the watch does look entirely like a Komandirskie watch... but the dial face is of course one most common seen in the amphibian series...

I have not yet found a Komandirskie watch that has the black diver dial... so it may appear like its indeed a franken... :-s

I don't mind so much since it was a free watch from russia2all with another watch I purchased....

but on their site it showed a photo of a true amphibian but what I received was the watch shown above in the photos.. appears like a Komandirskie with amphibia black diver dial, unless vostok put this black dial on Komandirskies now :think:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok I've been looking everywhere on the net and the watch does look entirely like a Komandirskie watch... but the dial face is of course one most common seen in the amphibian series...

I have not yet found a Komandirskie watch that has the black diver dial... so it may appear like its indeed a franken... :-s

I don't mind so much since it was a free watch from russia2all with another watch I purchased....

but on their site it showed a photo of a true amphibian but what I received was the watch shown above in the photos.. appears like a Komandirskie with amphibia black diver dial, unless vostok put this black dial on Komandirskies now :think:
Here is picture of amphibian and komandirskie from site of our forum sponsor.
As I can see there is same dial, but different crown, hands and bezel.
Also the cases are steel vs. chrome plated.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the help.. yes I think the conclusion looks like a komandirskie case, with a amphibial like dial face...

however... still not sure if a franken or right from vostok like this, since the photo t-house shows same issue, 2 cases, same dial. :think:

oh well... still a nice watch.. :-!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The blue version exists both as an Amphibia and a Komandirskie. I won't be suprized tha the same was done for the black one...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahh i see.. i was not aware that certain dials / faces came in both cases. thanks for the info.

so probably not a franken then.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hi!
As Marc has shown clearly with his 2 blue divers, in the case where both the Komandirskie and Amphibian have almost identical cases, you can look out for some little differences. Check out the differences in the hands and the crowns. The most significant difference IMO wouldbe that the Amphibian has an all s.steel case whereas the Komandirski case is chromed base-metal with a s. steel caseback.
Rgds,
Lee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts