WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Great pics! I really appreciate the comparisons in size etc. I want either a 1500 or 1300--not sure which yet--to go w/1200 and 40.:thanks

·
Registered
471 Posts
wow, pathy addict spotted :-!

seem like u got dual paw1300. i guess ur fav?

nice photos, mates

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks.. :-!

I was very excited to see the 1500. It's still a very hard choice between them all as to the favorite.

I like the 1200 for its shear large size, the 1300 for all the features in a small package, and the 1500 for that PAG40 style "look"

I really love the PAG40 style and hope it would one day get tough solar..

the PAW1500 looks a tad similar so I'm happy with that. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more note I just noticed. I think the atomic reception antenna in the PAW1500 may have been improved ???

For the first time I noticed this watch sync up with the atomic signal deep indoors in my house.

My other pathfinder watches (and atomic g-shocks) do not sync in my location automatically at all. I have to go outside, late at night and manually sync in an open area.

I'm in Orange County area of Southern California.

So I was surprised to see this watch sync up with a "L3" indication (strong signal indicator) on the display while this watch was sitting in the middle of my house not near any windows.

:)

or it may have been a "fluke sync".. and I got lucky tonight... but I hope not. :)

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
One more note I just noticed. I think the atomic reception antenna in the PAW1500 may have been improved ???

For the first time I noticed this watch sync up with the atomic signal deep indoors in my house.

My other pathfinder watches (and atomic g-shocks) do not sync in my location automatically at all. I have to go outside, late at night and manually sync in an open area.

So I was surprised to see this watch sync up with a "L3" indication (strong signal indicator) on the display while this watch was sitting in the middle of my house not near any windows.

or it may have been a "fluke sync".. and I got lucky tonight... but I hope not. :)
hey neighbor im next to temecula. its strange but i never have had to go outside but its a hit or miss for my atomics. my gw 300 is the oldest and seams to not sinc as much as my newer awg 100 and wvq550a.:roll: :roll:

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Overall I love the 1500T It's about the same size as the 1300 and I get my PAG40 Ti style look with the new features.... hehe.

I wrote a bit on my home page here:
http://glennmoller.com/?p=218

ooops forgot :roll: great pics thanks for sharing. also i just saw a thread for the 1300 for 174 at costco online. not sure but sounds like a good price :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey neighbor im next to temecula. its strange but i never have had to go outside but its a hit or miss for my atomics. my gw 300 is the oldest and seams to not sinc as much as my newer awg 100 and wvq550a.:roll: :roll:
My parents live in Lake Elsinore, CA (near Temecula)... All my watches sync with no problems in most of the inland empire area and when I'm visiting over there, no problem with sync.

but here in Orange county I've had bad luck with atomic sync o| ... but this new watch syncs no problem.

I just did another manual sync indoors and it shows L3 again. So looks like it was not a fluke :-!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Ahh, finally some good comparison pics of the 1500T...excellent pics. |>

Is the bezel Ti coated with black? Does it rotate both ways and smoothly or with clicks?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I've said it before and I've said it again! I want your camera!

Some superb pics and a great collection of pathfinders! Nice to see so many together!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks again :-!

the bezel looks like its black coated (not sure if IP) but with glossy accented N,W,S,E lettering... that is only the letter areas on the compass bezel are glossy and the rest of the ring is flat black IP style.

the black compass bezel rotates in both directions with very smooth clicks, you have to put your ear to the bezel to hear the clicks or be in a quiet room.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
excellent pics and a great collection you got ther, though I gotta admit that I like the steel PAW1300 with resin strap best (for outdoor purposes)

regards, holger

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
FANTASTIC pics and great comparation!

Thanks a lot for posting!

Cheers! :-!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

My 1500 should be arriving tomorrow (despite having landed in the UK a week ago, grr...). I'll have a play with mine, and see if I can see a difference too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my boney wrist size is about 7 inches around...heh.. it wears almost exactly like the 1300 and feels the same on the wrist.

yes if someone can also test the atomic sync on any 1500 to see if perhaps they might have improved the antenna ? it seemed to work very well last night for me.

I'm still not 100 verified on that reception improvement (over the 1300) since I did both tests on the same night... I'll have to check it again in a few days and different areas.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts