WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
14,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photos of the Aquis 46mm in Tungsten & Ceramic Bezels. Comparisons with 43mm Aquis & Aquis Chrono

Now that the new Aquis 46mm Small seconds is here, we wanted to do some photos comparing the relative sizes and thicknesses of the various Aquis watches. We also wanted to highlight the different finish look of the Aquis Ceramic from the Tungsten Carbide Bezels.

From Left to Right: Aquis Chronograph, Aquis Small Seconds Tunsten Carbide, and Aquis Date.
Topper Jewelers » Oris » Titan Chronograph
Topper Jewelers » Oris » 743 7664 72 53 MB
Topper Jewelers » Oris » 733 7653 4155 MB

Though 3mm doesn't sound like a lot, the 46mm Small Second appears considerably larger than the Date model. The size difference is similar to the size difference of the two different Planet Ocean models.

Though the older Titan C is larger case to case, the Aquis is slightly larger bezel to bezel.

Titan C Topper Jewelers » Oris » 643 7638 7454 RS
Aquis 46mm Small Seconds Topper Jewelers » Oris » 743 7664 71 54 MB

The Aquis Small seconds is a little thinner than the Titan C. It also features 500mm instead of 1000mm water resistance, and an automatic helium escape valve instead of the manual Titan C's manual valve.
The 43mm Aquis with 300m water resitance is considerably thinner than either watch.

From Left to Right: Aquis Date 43mm, Aquis Small Seconds, and Titan C

The image below focus on the difference between the Tungsten Carbide Bezel and the Ceramic Bezel of the two different 46mm Aquis Small Second cases. The Gray face is features the Tungsten Carbide bezel while the Black dial features the matted ceramic. Both Bezels are textured satin finish with circular grain.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Re: Photos of the Aquis 46mm in Tungsten & Ceramic Bezels. Comparisons with 43mm Aquis & Aquis Chro

I just ordered the 46mm Tungsten Ti from my good friend Rob at Topper and had his jeweler brush out the polished links on the bracelet. I will post pics when it arrives. Happy birthday Rob!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Re: Photos of the Aquis 46mm in Tungsten & Ceramic Bezels. Comparisons with 43mm Aquis & Aquis Chro

Well done, thanks so much for the information and the great photos. Gorgeous watches!

·
Registered
635 Posts

Thanks Rob The Way You Set This Up Is Awesome ... A Great Way To Compare Big Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts

That satin finish is just awesome. Love it.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

Wow, all these models are pretty sweet. I am just learning about Oris and they have some really appealing models, especially the divers. Great post, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
289 Posts

I feel like these photos (while wonderful) give the watches a far more gray appearance than how they actually look.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts

I feel like these photos (while wonderful) give the watches a far more gray appearance than how they actually look.
You are right. In person they are not so dull looking, especially the bezel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts