WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

This thing has been playing in my head for quite some time so id just thought why not post it up.

Rolex Explorer II 216570

OR

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45mm Orange

AND WHY?

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Rolex.....Because it's a Rolex...It's better.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
They're both fine watches, but in this case I think less orange is better so I'd go with the Explorer. Black insert and orange number PO combo would make it a much tougher call for me.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Rolex. The Rolex has staying power in a decade or two when styles change and the Omega divers have changed styles three times.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
Hmm....hard decision. I love both of the watches, but my brother has an orange Planet Ocean chrono, so I can say with certainty that I wouldn't buy one myself. PO in any other color, I'd go with that. I think I'd take the white dial Explorer II, but if it's the black dial you're thinking of, I'd take PO.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Those two watches while both nice are not in the same category. Even the orange has a difference purpose on those two watches.

I would get both. They complement each other. If I had to chose 1, I would get the Explorer because of the versatility ONLY.

·
Registered
293 Posts
To me, The Explorer II is quite unappealing. My answer is the PO.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But the Omega PO looks alot like the Longines Legend Diver IMO, what do you guys think? because i already have a LLD

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I love the polar white dial on the Explorer II. One of the benefits of the glacial pace of Rolex's design evolution is that most of its watches have a timeless appeal. The PO isn't bad but I'm concerned it may not age well - just as the SMP looks rather dated and '90s-ish today. Plus, the PO with orange bezel looks rather cheap and toy-like. I much prefer the all-black or black with orange indices.

Additionally, the 42mm case size on the Explo II will probably weather the waxing and waning of average watch size better than the 45mm PO.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
PO for the movement.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
But the Omega PO looks alot like the Longines Legend Diver IMO, what do you guys think? because i already have a LLD
A Question...Within a Question? The ROLEX.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Rolex for me by a mile. I love the polar Explorer II. I really dislike the orange bezel PO.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
I don't think they look at all alike, honestly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts