WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, Habring2 Chrono COS ZM, Sinn EZM 10, and more...
He probably wanted a G-Shock.
The Orient is very nice indeed.
My girlfriend鈥檚 dad (when we were teenagers) bought me a Rolex two-tone Oyster Perpetual Quartz model from a shop in his native Thailand. I seem to recall an embarrassing picture of me wearing it. Hey, it looks real in the picture!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why are you encouraging him ?

He must have potential, I'm guessing.

:cool:
He's got a good head on his shoulders and at 26 has a career (air traffic controller).
Most importantly he treats my daughter well and has a good sense of humor. The day I met him I told him I have a gun and a shovel and I know how to use them both .
He cracked up and said " I have more guns".
Lol

Registered
Just got this for my daughter's boyfriend. He currently rocks a 10$ casio. He always admires my watches.
Figured it was time for a big boy watch. Not bad for 130$. Terrible pic. View attachment 16622228
Interesting. Can't say I'm really a fan of the 556 "T-rex" style baby hands, or the croc strap, but that's a cool gift for sure. Needs a tan strap, or a perlon.

Registered
I gave my daughter's boyfriend an Orient years back, then a Glycine Combat, then a Longines and a few months ago he bought one of my Breitling's that I never wore. TBH all of the other watches I never wore either...but the 4k in my hand was nice after I enticed him with the freebies. Actually the Longines was a B-day gift so that doesn't count. Just like fishing...nibble..nibble, SNAG

Premium Member
Stuhrling Original Tuskegee Skymaster
Did you ask him to pick from a list of watches he likes or did you notice him liking your formal/dressier/older mans watches. Or does that orient fit him? What criteria did you choose? A watch is a VERY personal thing.

Registered
Nice present 馃憤馃徎

No girls dad ever treated me to a new watch 馃檨
Could be worse you could have been me and believed you were talking to what you thought was some attractive woman just to have them turn out to be some Indian or Nigerian scammer asking for money after they told you their parents were wealthy let that sink in. BTW nice watch I鈥檓 sure he鈥檒l enjoy it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did you ask him to pick from a list of watches he likes or did you notice him liking your formal/dressier/older mans watches. Or does that orient fit him? What criteria did you choose? A watch is a VERY personal thing.
A gift is a gift. I think he'll like it

Older man's watches?..Watch it buddy, I'll beat you with my Hurrycane.馃槀馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts