WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMHO I figure everyone should have at least one G-Shock. I have two now, and my older son and his buddy (who are both 13 and budding WIS) were eyeing up my new Riseman. My son has a Timex "kids" Ironman which is definitely too small for his wrist now, he wears his Casio MDV-102 most of the time but misses the alarms and other features that his Timex has. So I thought I would get him a G for our upcoming Scout Camporee as I got the Riseman for the same reason. I found a DW-9052 for $35 bucks and snagged it for him. I will wait until the night before the trip to spring it on him :) I can't wait to see his reaction :-!

Cheers,
Griff

Now if I could only get my younger son interested, he couldn't care less about wearing a watch...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
good choice looks to me like the old mudman.

both my boys have Gs the youngest 16 has a DW-6900 that he wanted. he wears it once in a while. my oldest 18 has a gulfman and recently thanks also to wus he has a g 2300. since he had got the Gs he has worn won or the other almost every day he very seldom wore his first watch a wenger I got him :roll: :roll:. anyway he came to me last night and wanted me to find some watches for him that had a lot or red. though it was cool both of us checking out Gs :-! now if I could only get the wife interested in a baby G.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys :)
When I saw the pic of yours Brian I thought that would be perfect for him as it has a bit of the Riseman look without the price tag! He has snagged a couple of watches out of my boxes, and I bought others for him that were like mine. He has a Citizen auto diver, Orient mil style auto, Citizen and Mondaine RR watches (we're railroad buffs), the MDV-102 (his favorite now that the Timex is too small), a Marathon Navigator, a Kronos yellow dial diver, a no-name CWC style G-10 and a yellow dial Columbia that has a Breitling style bezel. Yes, he has his own watch box :-d His buddy has a collection too, he got interested in watches after seeing all my son's. His parents aren't necessarily thrilled, LOL.

My younger son has a Timex mil style field watch that he never wears, and my wife has some Swatches but neither are much interested. As my wife says, "they all look the same" (!) o|

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
the more I see this one the more im liking it. wish it came in a smoke grey I would buy that right away :-!

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
When I saw the pic of yours Brian I thought that would be perfect for him as it has a bit of the Riseman look without the price tag! He has snagged a couple of watches out of my boxes, and I bought others for him that were like mine. He has a Citizen auto diver, Orient mil style auto, Citizen and Mondaine RR watches (we're railroad buffs), the MDV-102 (his favorite now that the Timex is too small), a Marathon Navigator, a Kronos yellow dial diver, a no-name CWC style G-10 and a yellow dial Columbia that has a Breitling style bezel. Yes, he has his own watch box :-d His buddy has a collection too, he got interested in watches after seeing all my son's. His parents aren't necessarily thrilled, LOL.

My younger son has a Timex mil style field watch that he never wears, and my wife has some Swatches but neither are much interested. As my wife says, "they all look the same" (!) o|

Cheers,
Griff

:-d :-d :-d My wife has 2 watches and she thinks she has one too many :roll:

·
Banned
5,568 Posts

Cheers,
Griff
Sounds like he has a pretty good collection going there Griff. I'll bet your wife is just THRILLED to death about that :-d:-d;-);-).

·
SEIKO & CITIZEN Moderator
2,527 Posts
You've made a good choice !! 35 IMO for the quality, it's the best ! :-! You won't have to think about getting another watch for your son for years unless your son becomes one like us in the future. :-d

Andrew

·
Registered
307 Posts
My daughter (11) rocks my wifes '97 pink baby-g and I just bought my son (8) a club G from ebay. It's blue and red with the protector and looks like a smaller 6900. He saw the pic and says it looks like what Spiderman's watch. He's a budding WIS and has been hounding me for a "boy size" G for a while now so I snagged one for $50.

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
My daughter (11) rocks my wifes '97 pink baby-g and I just bought my son (8) a club G from ebay. It's blue and red with the protector and looks like a smaller 6900. He saw the pic and says it looks like what Spiderman's watch. He's a budding WIS and has been hounding me for a "boy size" G for a while now so I snagged one for $50.
Sounds great! Let's see a quick family wrist shot! :-!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I love my 9052 - great choice. Very comfortable, buttons are big and easy to use. Display can't get much clearer. And I like the way the light flashes when the alarm goes off. It's one of my everyday favorites!! :-!

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys!

My wife is afraid my watch collection is heading in the same direction as my 500+ piece Zippo collection :-d

Cheers,
Griff

1 - 20 of 22 Posts