WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard about these a few times in my quest for a Quartz diver in the 38mm and under realm. They are pretty rare having been out of production for almost ten years and even then were JDM only. I found one in good condition on eBay and snapped it up.

The size is perfect for my 6 inch wrist. It wears just about like a 36mm. It features a perpetual calendar date and an 8 year battery life. It is an ISO certified 200m diver watch. The movement is a high frequency HAQ movement rated for 20 sec per year. I have observed around 0.1 sec / day so doing pretty good on that front.

I was not a fan of the OEM oyster style bracelet so I bought a jubilee meant for the similarly sized SKX013 and I really dig the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Hard to argue with the value of that one. Enjoy your Seiko!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Nice piece. I have a few scratches on my crystal and have yet to find a replacement. Apparently it's hard to find the crystal. Sadly the size is a bit off from the common SKX007 so the standard sapphire replacements won't work.

Wear in good health.

-Brian

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah both found on eBay. I set up a saved search ao I would get an email every time an "sbcm023" or "sbcm025" went on sale.

The 025 photos were kinda blurry so as feared it's rather badly scratched up. The bracelet was the worst part but a brand new skx013 jubilee was only $35 on eBay and that makes a big difference.

I'm pretty happy nevertheless. Seems a bit unnecessary to have both but given their rareness I may keep them as collectibles.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I had one and regret selling it. I just couldn't enjoy how the bracelet stayed fit on my wrist. But I made a mistake.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Nice pair. Picked mine up Last year, as well as an skx023. These older generation mid size cases fit better than the current production skx013 on smaller wrists (same size as op) imo.

AM crystals are unobtanium it seems.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have one of these, they are a lovely watch. I may be selling it soon, so if anyone is interested, drop me a PM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.