Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I was under the impression the Omega SMP Ceramic is an automatic.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh ok, how does the winder I linked look? Would you recommend it?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'm curious - why do you feel you need a winder? If you're wearing it a lot (and I sure would) you won't need one. And if you put it down for a few days, it's not a real challenge to wind, set and wear.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I own a brookstone winder (the two-watch unit) and have been very pleased with it. It works fine, and looks very nice on a bedside table. It is also extremely quiet. In my mind it is the best winder for the money.

Reactions: Kittysafe

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been using the Brookstone two-watch version for appox 4 years now. Its nothing fancy but it does its job. Has various settings to regulate the rpm and you can set it for uni or bi-directional rotation. Have been using it for my Speedmaster and Constellation.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I have an orbita that I really like. They're sort of expensive but extremely well built with great batteries.

They also 'swing' instead of rotate. Which might be psuedo-science but does seem more natural.

Orbita Watchwinders

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
My winder only cost me £29 and works fine. Some people like me need a winder due to other watches in my collection that I wear, also in my job no good to wear it so I like to keep it wound and so the date is right.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I use the Brookstone winder (2 watch versions) for my LBII perpetual and my speedy date. It's not fancy but it sure works well. There is a page on the Orbita site (http://orbita.com/database-search/) that will give you the settings for you watch. You can't overwind your watch. Nice purchase! Congrats!

Reactions: Kittysafe

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I have a 3 watch Orbita Siena winder, should have used the money to buy another watch, it's just used as storage right now.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts