WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm going to pull the trigger on an Aquis with a rubber strap and I recently acquired a TT1 DD black dial on SS.

I've fallen in love with Oris and I've scaled down my collection so the TT1 and the Aquis will be the ones I primarily wear all the time.

Need help. Which color AQUIS do you suggest?

Also, should I get from authenticwatches or pay a bit more and go Jomashop?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Re: Going with Oris Aquis - Which color?

I like the Orange for the rubber strap and blue for the bracelet. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
I prefer the blue out of the two

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

Since you have the black dial tt1 I'd go for the blue for a bit of variety.

·
Registered
13,948 Posts

Both look great. It's all about preference. I had a black Aquis and it went with all clothing and situations.

I would call Rob at our sponsor, Topper Jewelers, and ask him how much he'll sell you one for. You'll get a legitimate 2+1 year warranty from Oris and Rob will have your back. I know for a fact that the price will be great and very competitive with gray market, relatively speaking.

·
Registered
19,177 Posts

Orange for me |>

·
Registered
3,251 Posts

the blue one looks nice. Plus its the only one i have seen in real life

·
Registered
198 Posts

I just picked up the blue one used here last week, could not be happier. I have the rubber and the bracelet and prefer the blue on the bracelet, it's a bit dressy for rubber. It's a shame too because the Oris deployment on the rubber is an amazing piece of engineering.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts

I would suggest to get the blue one on a bracelet and just buy the rubber strap afterwards. I know you have the black tt1 however they wear very different. You might end up wearing the rubber on the tt1.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts

Oris does a descent job with the orange lume but it will not last as long as the bgw9 so if thats a consideration for you might make the choice easier.
Just remember if you go with the rubber your strap options are super limited and if you do not have a 8" wrist there is a fair amount of rubber rolled up around your wrist.
I like the look of alot of the Oris models but I tend to get bored wearing a watch just one way which has always cause me to flip them.

Orange lumed Tubbataha

Aquis

Markers on the Tubby are larger as are the hands so lume on it would be much better than on a Aquis so I would probably go with the blue dial and bgw9 although
I felt the lume on the Aquis to be average at best and struggled to read it 6-7 hours into the night.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts

Blue would be my choice.
Just to throw yet another option out there, have you considered the grey?
It can be worn wit virtually anything IMHO.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts

That blue is just gorgeous, too bad I don't like their non-standard lugs :(

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

I have a gray dialed Small seconds and love the color but I would go with the blue with the choices you listed. You could also consider calling Rob Caplan at Toppers. He is competitive with his pricing when you talk with him and they are Forum sponsors. Jmho
Kevin

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Thanks for all the feedback. I left out the fact that I have a Blue Vic diver that's a quartz that I was looking to sell but will now keep so I have a nice blue in the lineup. The Vic (pictured) is a great blue that I love and has a bracelet that is just as good as my TT1.

I ordered the black Aquis with the orange indices on rubber from authenticwatches this morning. I saw one in person a couple of weeks ago and it was very nice and the black dial actually seemed to be a deeper black than the model with the black dial and white indices.

The pictures I saw of the Aquis blue showed how under certain conditions the dial appeared grey and that turned me off a bit.

Look forward to getting the black with orange. Thanks for all your help

Attachments

·
Premium Member
60,641 Posts

I don't think you'll regret going for the orange on rubber for one second. I've heard quite a few people say that the blue Aquis looked grey under certain circumstances. There was just something about the blue that put me off and I could say the same of the black one but the black & orange is a different story.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts