WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Thanks for the pics, that was very helpful as I've been thinking about one of these for some time. I wish they did something like the Flightdeck chrono with a 7750 in 43mm, or the Classico in 45mm with a standard automatic. I think I would feel more comfortable with those sizes!

Just to be fair, PVD and paint (and powder coating) can all have the same end result... a film of some material applied to a substrate. It's just the manner in which the film is deposited onto the substrate. In some cases, the film can be higher quality--more even, a different type of film, etc. But not in all. So I guess the question is do they really use a vacuum to deposit a vapor of the material onto the case? And does it matter that much?

Your watch looks pretty good and the photos were great!

-s-

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Got it, thanks for the clarification!

And I think the reason more expensive watches are PVDed is because PVD allows application of materials that would not otherwise work well being applied as paint. Powder coating and paint and PVD are not going to be more durable than one or the other, it depends on what is being applied... and also as you mention, the prep.

-s-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts