WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This design really does appeal to me nowadays. Way back when, before I became addicted to watches, the 5600 design was just another G-Shock, albeit a utilitarian one at that.

Now that I have become a fan, this has got to be one of the most comfortable on the wrist, easy to read G-Shocks available.

Thanks to all the members who posted threads about the classic 5600 design.

Have a great weekend. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
This design really does appeal to me nowadays. Way back when, before I became addicted to watches, the 5600 design was just another G-Shock, albeit a utilitarian one at that.

Now that I have become a fan, this has got to be one of the most comfortable on the wrist, easy to read G-Shocks available.

Thanks to all the members who posted threads about the classic 5600 design.

Have a great weekend. :)
Am thinking on one myself... but the overseas solar, inverse ones... still thinking about it though... perhaps I should make a trip down to Bencoolen for a temporary quick fix!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am thinking on one myself... but the overseas solar, inverse ones... still thinking about it though... perhaps I should make a trip down to Bencoolen for a temporary quick fix!
The inverse would make a rather nice addition, so far I have ony seen the metallix versions in town, the strap material is of the shiny type, wonder how that would hold up. Very tempted....

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Cool thread ultramanpat.

Although I have a variety of G-Shocks, the DW-5xx0 design always appeals to me.

I can wear one every day without thinking about it.

My more 'exotic' models take a bit more thought on the situations I might find myself in on the day. eg I wouldn't wear my Blue Middle Sea Raysman to a meeting but wouldn't hesitate to wear my GW-5600.

Some more pics :
Here's my small collection of 'rectangular' classic G-Shocks

http://www.casiovintage.org/casiog1.html

:)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool thread ultramanpat.

Although I have a variety of G-Shocks, the DW-5xx0 design always appeals to me.

I can wear one every day without thinking about it.

My more 'exotic' models take a bit more thought on the situations I might find myself in on the day. eg I wouldn't wear my Blue Middle Sea Raysman to a meeting but wouldn't hesitate to wear my GW-5600.

Some more pics :
Here's my small collection of 'rectangular' classic G-Shocks

http://www.casiovintage.org/casiog1.html

:)

That's a great collection there Kim, and the info is most helpful for me, as I'm still fairly new to G-Shocks. The DW-5000BL-2JF is really nice, and is a great addition to your collection.:-!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
cheers ultramanpat ! It is a nice model but it's a winter watch really. It's very heavy on the wrist compared to the resin band models. In fact, it's probably the heaviest G-Shock I have but that's because it's the only metal band one. Looks great though :)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hi guys!
I'm sure the DW5600 sure does bring lots of fond memories for alot of us, esp those who have worn them in school, college or even during NS days.
As for the metallic versions, they look pretty cool 'cept as someone mentioned before the Gothic script on the face seems ill-suited and kinda spoils the look somewhat.
I already have a vintage DW5600C (with 901 module), picked cheaply from Sungei Rd, and also given a new lease of life with a new bezel but with all the recent post on the classic Gs decided to get myself a DW5600E to whet my appetite!
I like the look of the reverse displays of the metallics but preferred the plain matt black. After a bit of a search I finally got myself a customized stealthed DW5600E:
dw5600e_custom_1.jpg
I'm very happy with it and it's now sitting on my wrist:-!
Have a great weekend to you'all:-d
Lee

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice stealthy DW5600, Lee. They really are comfortable to wear :-!

Hi guys!
I'm sure the DW5600 sure does bring lots of fond memories for alot of us, esp those who have worn them in school, college or even during NS days.
As for the metallic versions, they look pretty cool 'cept as someone mentioned before the Gothic script on the face seems ill-suited and kinda spoils the look somewhat.
I already have a vintage DW5600C (with 901 module), picked cheaply from Sungei Rd, and also given a new lease of life with a new bezel but with all the recent post on the classic Gs decided to get myself a DW5600E to whet my appetite!
I like the look of the reverse displays of the metallics but preferred the plain matt black. After a bit of a search I finally got myself a customized stealthed DW5600E:
View attachment 71358
Lee

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hi guys!
View attachment 71358
Lee
Lee, that is a nice stealthed beauty. I'm loving the crystal protector. How did you get one here in Singaland? Any Singa members know how to get one or two or three?:think:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Nice move, Pat, by getting these 2 colour variations :-!

The price for this 5600 has actually gone up over the months, as compared
to when I first got mine (I got the version with the silver buttons)

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Classic watch that I never get tierd of seeing in pictures.

The only thing I hate about this watch? If you want day / date and time visible in all modes you have to go classic 5600... if you go solar you have to decide if you like day or date on main screen and only ONE model (japan variant unfortunately) has time visible in CDT mode.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

this really p.sses me off... why can we have solar atomic and time visible in ALL modes? And WHY O WHY so many module variants! :rodekaart:rodekaart:rodekaart

If it's not for this I'd ordered one LONG TIME AGO.

O well...

Thanks for posting pics folks!:-!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts