Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the Artego alone:

Artego next to the OS 300M:

Artego next to the Sumo:

The three of them together:

Lume shots:

Overall, the Artego holds its own very well against the other two, especially in sheer size. It's bigger than the Sumo both in case height and diameter and much heavier. It's the same height as the OS 300M and nearly as large overall. The lume is excellent, and the glossy black ceramic dial is very nice. The Artego lacks the outright attention to detail and superior level of fit and finish that the Seiko and Orient Star have. However, it is much less expensive then either of the other two, and considering that it seems a very good value.

After a couple of days of wearing the Artego I've decided that I like the watch quite a bit, but I dislike the bracelet. It's big, heavy and it looks good, but I cannot make it comfortable on my wrist even after going through myriad adjustment. It seems to me to be too much bracelet; just a little over the top both in mass and style to the point where it detracts from the vintage vibe of the watch head itself. I think I'm going to try it out on a mesh if I can find one, or perhaps a some kind of strap.

|>

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Great photo review. Orient has the best case back, and crown lug design, but I'm not crazy about yellow or the other stuff happening on the Orient Dial. Sumo has nice sweeping contours, larger lume dots on the dial, unique hands, bolder bezel numbers and classic oceanic Seiko style. Artego is the new comer, and yes it holds up very well indeed against the other two classics.

My Artego arrived on Thursday [same black dial and hands like yours]. I am very satisfied as the watch as it is big, solid & impressive, and a great value.

Artego should look awesome on mesh.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Scotty Love your Artego the more I see it.
PM sent!
-O

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Comparisons are always nice to see, especially for us guys who buy so many watches without seeing them in person. I personally like the looks of the OS300 the best of the three. Yellow is interesting, fit and finish look like a different level for sure, you get what you pay for though.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Great pics and comparo. :-!
Really holds its own with the others. I'm really diggin it.
This is very tempting but I have couple of grails coming, so I'll wait.

nice job, enjoy your Artego.
Dave.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Comparisons are always nice to see, especially for us guys who buy so many watches without seeing them in person. I personally like the looks of the OS300 the best of the three. Yellow is interesting, fit and finish look like a different level for sure, you get what you pay for though.
Thanks. These pics of the OS 300M are about the most unflattering I've seen. I'm quite the photographer if I do say so myself, lol.

The yellow looks so flat and dull in these pics, and that couldn't be more contrary to how it actually looks in person. It's more metallic gold than yellow; shimmers in sun light like a metal flake. I really like it and it has changed my mind about yellow dialed watches.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Cool stuff!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Thanks for the comparison pics:-!
Any of you Artego owners know how large the actual dial is? I know the case is measuring out at 44mm but when you look for example at the Halios Holotype to the BlueRing (there were some comparison photos posted of those two somewhere) there was a few mm increase in Dial size on the BlueRing. These comparison photos show similar sizes on the dial on all three so at least I know it's not undersized. Just trying to get a size comparison next to my watches:thanks

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Great photo review. Orient has the best case back, and crown lug design, but I'm not crazy about yellow or the other stuff happening on the Orient Dial. Sumo has nice sweeping contours, larger lume dots on the dial, unique hands, bolder bezel numbers and classic oceanic Seiko style. Artego is the new comer, and yes it holds up very well indeed against the other two classics.

My Artego arrived on Thursday [same black dial and hands like yours]. I am very satisfied as the watch as it is big, solid & impressive, and a great value.

Artego should look awesome on mesh.
Oh yes it looks awesome on my vintage style mesh and it wears better than on the thick bracelet
I love my OS 300 even if I can get about 5 Atregos for the same price of the Orient, but I love the yellow and this one is a keeper for me as is the Artego
The lume is awesome on both :-!:-!:-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Three very nice divers. Have to say I love the shape of the Artego but not so keen on the chapter ring. It sort of look plastic from some angles :-s

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Surprisingly apt comparison here! I completely agree with your comments about the bracelet; while in the end the Artego is much different than the Holotype, a lot of flak could have been avoided just by Artego exercising a bit more effort in getting something that suits the dresser Artego better. BTW, love your dial/hands combo. Nicely understated looks! :-!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Excellent comparo, great pics, fantastic watches - congratulations! |>|>!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts