WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at the many cool pictures of G-Shocks fitted on Zulu straps and how great they looked, I decided to take the plunge and ordered a pair of adapters and a 24mm Maratac Zulu strap from BroadArrow.

For this project, I decided to make a picture tutorial for newbies like me who have never converted to a Zulu. I used my old DW-6600B Frankenwatch because of its nice orange accents and a beefy orange 24mm Zulu strap. The adapters will take straps from 22mm - 24mm, but I figure the broader the better it will look on a G so I chose the 24mm. Note, these adapters won't work on the 4 ring NATO style straps.

Anyway, a picture is worth a thousand words, so here are the pictures. I hope they will prove useful. After the conversion, I must admit the G looks fantastic. I hope someone can show how to fit these on a Frogman next.

Sorry for the modem burners :-!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not generally a fan of orange but that looks pretty sharp.

Nice work!

·
Registered
461 Posts
GB2G,

stop copying me ;-)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hehe... just joking!

Love the orange Zulu!! The colour really pops!!
Like that your 6600 have orange el button and text, really makes it good with the orange Zulu :-!:-!:-!:-!

They are sure nice with the Zulus right!?!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nice work. I'm not a fan of Zulu straps after trying them on some of my analog watches, can't get over how the excess strap sticks out. But that said, you did a nice job on the tutorial. It seems that I have started a bit of a trend on tutorial postings. At least folks aren't making fun of your hairy arms...

Good stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts