WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for Show-and-Tell...
On a "case-by-case" basis, some of us are enamored with the evolution and transformation, the art, the engineering that went into the various case designs and styles of watches in our collection.

Do you have any preference or which watch in your collection has that unique or interesting case design/style that catches the attention of others.

Thank you in advance for sharing your pictures...|>

Close

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I have a thing for square or rectangular cases and this one I think is both unusual and nice looking. It's the highest quality Russian watch I ever handled, the RcHZ "Patriot" brand started by Volmax as an upper end watch line, but production ended after this design and a square version. Both have the renowned 3133 movement.

Also, my Glycine Grand Carre is another favorite watch with an unusual shape, it's big, thick, and has a near-square shape and currently on a big rubber dive strap that is the Glycine optional strap for this watch for some reason (pic below).

·
Registered
887 Posts
Good question...but here are some Denissov case shots whilst I mull it over!

P1070511.jpg P1070512.jpg

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
The much under-appreciated Zenith cases for certain of the early El Primeros - comfortable, distinctive, fascinating to look at light dance across the facets. The only disadvantage is that they are easy to ruin with heavy-handed polishing:

the modern reprise is bulkier, but retains some of the charm

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
>>>SODIAC//D1JBS//[email protected]//LouS...AWESOME pictures - - THANKS for sharing !!!
Keep 'em coming.
It gives us great joy looking at these fine timepieces.....I guess this is the reason we buy what we like and keep the watches that we love.
No doubt, these are keepers - - - whether OLD or NEW.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
I think my Sunset has a pretty interesting case:

·
Registered
871 Posts
whaaaat, no one posted a ploprof yet? ;)

IMG_9655.jpg

and Sodiac, that RcHZ "Patriot" looks absolutely amazing. i really like square cases aswell. If id ever get a real
dedicated dress watch, it would be a square one.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whaaaat, no one posted a ploprof yet? ;)

View attachment 400243

and Sodiac, that RcHZ "Patriot" looks absolutely amazing. i really like square cases aswell. If id ever get a real
dedicated dress watch, it would be a square one.
Love that Omega with that retro-case design.

While we're on the subject of case design/style - - *Rado* at one time or another had that unusual oval-shaped design when they first came out with the DiaStar & Ovation back in the 60s/70s (?)...their claim-to-fame ==>
" the world's first scratch proof watch. Rado watches are made with an eye on the future. While other watch manufacturers rely on traditional materials, Rado has pioneered the use of modern materials, such as high-tech diamond, high-tech lanthanum, sapphire crystal, hard metal or high-tech ceramics."

What happened? Was the design ahead of its time...or was it a pricing strategy blunder? Since joining WUS, I noticed that it doesn't get mentioned much in this forum.

I just thought i'd mentioned it here in this thread; when I was growing up I had eye for one of their watches because of that "futuristic" look (back-then)....but their price points was way out of my league.

Here's a couple...with that signature oval-shaped design...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts