WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share some pictures I took of my new Superocean. I must say that this watch looks stunning in person as opposed to Breitling's advertising images. I am glad I chose this over the Omega Planet Ocean. I would take many more pictures from different angles and such but I am just too busy admiring it ;)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Stunning!

Great choice, enjoy it!

S

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Congratulations! What would you say tipped the scale in favor over the PO?

mike.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations! What would you say tipped the scale in favor over the PO?

mike.
Quite a few factors, actually. This watch obviously looks much better than the PO, and I have a feeling that this watch's look can be both contemporary and classic because of the Breitling factor. Tag Heuers look great and modern but everyone knows the movements are stock and the watch won't last long in terms of design. This watch can transcend the boundaries of modern and timeless. Getting someone like me who isn't fully attracted to Breitling's older styles to buy this watch as soon as I see it is quite a feat. Also take into account that I have been lusting after the PO for a few years and it took me one glance to choose the Breitling. One thing that pushed me towards this watch was the fact it is brand-spanking-new and hundreds of thousands of people should have PO's by now. I also like how Breitling is being practical. Everyone complains of how the watch lacks a lume pip and how unpractical it is for diving, but they don't take into account is that nobody is going to take a piece of jewelry worth thousands of dollars into the grimy ocean. Pretty much everyone who buys an expensive diving watch is going to be looking at it on their wrists outside of water 100% of the time. This watch is also probably the easiest luxury watch in existence when it comes to reading time, the polished indices pop out at you, and the silver Breitling symbol particularly attracts quite a bit of attention when you look at the dial. The clasp on this I would have to say is the best clasp ever created. Very simple (just two square buttons) and simple looking as well. I also like a chunkier watch, and as you can see, this watch is quite a bit taller than the PO. The flat helium release valve and the crown guards are also some attributes that benefit this watch over the PO. This doesn't mean I don't want a PO, and this brings us to what probably influenced my decision the most. The planet ocean will be getting a new, in-house movement within a year meaning a case redesign and Rolex level prices. Taking this into account, and considering the age of the PO, I set the next Planet Ocean among the ranks of the ceramic SS submariner on my list of future acquisitions.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think your choice makes perfect sense. I too am holding off on the po even though I have been wanting one for a while. Your new watch looks fantastic! It keeps growing on me more and more and I'm sure when my local dealer finally is able to hold one in stock long enough for me to take a good look I'll end up buying it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I saw 3 (red,black,blue) of this model today. It really caught my attention, It's sportier and chunkier than the PO. I could have bought it right there and then but they didn't give me the price I want.

Great Choice!

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is a very nice watch, I like the sporty racing look. I liked the yellow and black one I was looking at. I drag race a yellow Mustang so it was tough to pass on that one for now. Congrats on a very sharp looking watch.|>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts