WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...

Just wanted to share a few pics of my Cockpit on Brown Shark. I've been trying to fit this particular watch on a suitable strap and I think from all that I've tried, this one sets me at ease...and makes it look much more elegant.

Anyhow, just wanted to share, any opinions/comments would be appreciated...

Thanks

I love that texture....

Too much reflection....

What I like about this color is that it matches the slate grey dial. If the dial was solid black I would have thought twice about the match, but the slate grey somehow makes the transition less contrasting, and more appealing.

Glimmer

·
Registered
980 Posts
very nice choice of strap for your watch, you say it is shark skin? wish i could find one like it here, the texture looks extremely good :-!

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very nice choice of strap for your watch, you say it is shark skin? wish i could find one like it here, the texture looks extremely good :-!
Hello Mikko,

I ordered one from Chronos in Greenhills (it is an aftermarket strap, though made in France). Cost me around $ 25 USD in local currency.

It has a nice texture for sure, and I like the understated height of the ridge in the middle, because it doesn't give the watch an extremely sporty look and given the color it actually makes the Cockpit look more formal on strap than on the Pilot.

You can PM me if you need more info or referrals on the strap. I scooped the last dark brown one up last Saturday but there are still available 18 mms in black and they will order for you if requested...

Thanks
Glimmer

·
Registered
172 Posts
I love my cockpit as well .. mine is black dial though..... hmmmm thinking about changing to different kind of leather straps like yours if my current breitling strap spoilt...

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love my cockpit as well .. mine is black dial though..... hmmmm thinking about changing to different kind of leather straps like yours if my current breitling strap spoilt...
Any pics?

Thanks
Glimmer

·
Registered
373 Posts
Is it me? Or does the 2 date numbers seem out of alignment? in the date window?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it me? Or does the 2 date numbers seem out of alignment? in the date window?
I asked about this once and yes, even the 2 date numbers are not exactly aligned with each other. One cannot be so perfect as to have each number aligned with 31 possible combinations...it did bother me at the start but now i hardly notice it.

Glimmer

·
Registered
373 Posts
I asked about this once and yes, even the 2 date numbers are not exactly aligned with each other. One cannot be so perfect as to have each number aligned with 31 possible combinations...it did bother me at the start but now i hardly notice it.

Glimmer
THATS bizarre I think they should line p properly this isn't a cheap watch.am I nutz ? o|

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THATS bizarre I think they should line p properly this isn't a cheap watch.am I nutz ? o|
It may well be bizarre but that's the way it is. And let me tell you, it is NOT a cheap watch...as for the nuts thing, I think we all are in varying degrees...

Glimmer

·
Registered
373 Posts
I REALLY LOVE THE WATCH HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT IT FOR SEVERAL WEEKS NOW WAITING FOR XMAS BONUS TO BUY ONE AROUND MID DECEMBER...WANT THE t t WITH EITHER BLACK OR BLUE FACE ..............HOWS THE ACCURACY?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I REALLY LOVE THE WATCH HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT IT FOR SEVERAL WEEKS NOW WAITING FOR XMAS BONUS TO BUY ONE AROUND MID DECEMBER...WANT THE t t WITH EITHER BLACK OR BLUE FACE ..............HOWS THE ACCURACY?

Todd,

I would say that it is pretty accurate...I can't say with certainty HOW accurate it is as I'm not the type who measures how much it gains or loses within a week, but honestly speaking, its' COSC certified, its' a Breitling, and I haven't been late for anything while wearing it!:)

What you might also come to appreciate about it is the way the second hand moves around the dial...it almost looks like a needle moving around, very, very smoothly.

I like your enthusiasm about the watch...at least I've found someone to relate to on this.

Hope you get that Christmas bonus soon enough!

Glimmer

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Congrats Glimmer, you are sure amassing quite a collection to be proud of. Your Cockpit on the brown shark looks great. I love the texture of that strap. Enjoy your new watch in good health.:-!

Len

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats Glimmer, you are sure amassing quite a collection to be proud of. Your Cockpit on the brown shark looks great. I love the texture of that strap. Enjoy your new watch in good health.:-!

Len
Thanks Len! You've always been one to pay attention constantly and I must compliment you on your good eye for watches. I'm trying to kick back and enjoy the collection before embarking on any next acquisition. Besides, my finances dictate that I do so!:)

Congrats on that new PO again, wear it with pride! And please keep the GMT! You gave me this advice a couple of months ago/last year if i can recall correctly...

Take care my friend,

~Glimmer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts