WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a vacation and there were some very nice G-Shocks waiting for me. Here are some pictures.

MRG-1, Raysman, and MRG-100

Codename, Gulfman and Fisherman

2 GL-7500s, DW-004 and DW-5600c (waiting for a band)

PRT-1

As you can see, the PRT-1 is incredibly large, especially on my 6.5" wrist. Kind of like a dive computer or something.

Sorry about the picture quality. I don't know what I'm doing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah, that GPS G looks like something out of a 70's sci-fi movie! Awesome watch though!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
WOW, what a way to return from vacation!:-!

I need a Raysman... look how big that watch is.... and yellow.. I NEED BIG AND YELLOW....:-d

-Gawain

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!!! You mean to tell me, you go on vacation and return to a plethora of G's at your doorstep? Either I have been vacationing wrong or my imagination is not as strong as yours! :) J/K. I especially like the MRG-1 and Rayman - both "hard to come-by's" nowadays.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
There's some very nice ones there. I particularly like the Gulfman and Fisherman. The red and yellow 7500's also work really well. :-!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I didn't think I'd like yellow watches, but the Raysman and Fisherman models look good ol' yeller style.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nice !

I didn't know that there were GPS wrist watches..
Figures that if any manufacturer makes one, it'd be Casio !

·
Registered
247 Posts
Whoa, didn't know that by going on a holiday there would be a bunch of watches waiting at the doorstep. Always thought that there would be a stack of credit card bill waiting for me when I get back.:think:

Must try it sometime.;-)

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
So I assume the PRT-1 is an older model, so why don't any of the recent pathfinders include GPS as a feature?

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,569 Posts
Hi Hoochy,

I believe there was this model and another (PRT-2) that looked pretty similar. You don't see them much. like the Casio Wrist Camera.

It has a battery that needs to be recharched. I just checked prices. At Schmiemann has one NOS for €299. For that price you have nowadays a good GPS system. I paid less than €200 for my Garmin Legend Etrex, that is designed for the same purose, but has loads of features and a map on board (not to mention the GPS Navigators used in cars, mine was also less than €299.- and is a full functional PDA).

When it was released it was a technical novelty and probably by it's relative small size, it's still a marvalous piece of technique.

Cheers,

Sjors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts