WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

i got my first IWC two weeks ago, its the 3717 model, i noticed something strange today, when the days display is between monday to thursday i can see a little tiny bit of white speck at the lower left corner of the day display window, i presume its the tip of the top of the next day peeking through , its quite small but its really bugging me :( does your 3717 do this? on friday and saturday it appears to be clean.

thanks!!

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
It may be something that slipped past quality control. Take it back to your dealer and nicely ask for a replacement. If they refuse, be a bit more firm. I think either way it needs to go back to the factory to get repaired so if the dealer doesnt want to swap it out (provided you havent scratched it etc) I would be pretty annoyed. Even offer the dealer to swap your existing leather strap with the new one as they may be reluctant to take a strap back that has been worn.

I wouldn't bee too upset with IWC, I can see how this may have accidental slipped past quality control given it is only visible on certain dates. My OMEGA PO has misaligned hour marking (very slightly). These mass produced products are not perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi

do i have to take the watch back to the dealer that sold me the watch? the dealer is like 2 hours away from where i live and i do have an AD thats 15 mins away from me (i chose to buy from the far away one because the price was better)

thanks!

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
hi

do i have to take the watch back to the dealer that sold me the watch? the dealer is like 2 hours away from where i live and i do have an AD thats 15 mins away from me (i chose to buy from the far away one because the price was better)

thanks!
Well, calling the dealer would give you the answer. I suspect that you will need to take it back. As other dealers cant be responsible for the stock. If 2 hours way, I'd do the negotiations over the phone.

·
Registered
166 Posts
hi guys

i got my first IWC two weeks ago, its the 3717 model, i noticed something strange today, when the days display is between monday to thursday i can see a little tiny bit of white speck at the lower left corner of the day display window, i presume its the tip of the top of the next day peeking through , its quite small but its really bugging me :( does your 3717 do this? on friday and saturday it appears to be clean.

thanks!!
I do remember seeing on mine that white speck in one of the day display window corners. I would not consider this a defect, though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmm i wonder if this happens everyday except friday and saturday, if thats the case i will feel a bit foolish taking it to the AD O_O

can anyone confirms this for me?

thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
hmm i wonder if this happens everyday except friday and saturday, if thats the case i will feel a bit foolish taking it to the AD O_O

can anyone confirms this for me?

thanks!
On mine I have not seen the speck for SAT, SUN and MON. Anyway if I were you I would not take the watch to the AD, I would not like to have my watch disassembled for such a small issue. It may also depend on the position of the disc when day/date change has started...

·
Registered
980 Posts
The Spitfire Chrono at my local AD has a misaligned day wheel. It's been in the case for awhile and I notice it every time I visit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts