WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a quality pilot/military watch with a smaller footprint - say 30-32mm? Rotating bezel, GMT, other functions a plus, but seem hard to find in smaller watches. Thanks.

·
Registered
698 Posts
30-32 mm footprint is very small for a GMT watch with rotating bezel.
One nice GMT, not too big, is the O&W Early-Bird but it's 38 mm excluded crown.
It's a hand winding 17 jewels movement and it is possible to find NOS at affordable prices (it's no more produced and it was favoured by USA soldiers during Vietnam conflict).
Here some info and pics:

http://www.50717.com/notissued/ow-earlybird-01.html

for other models, really no idea. Try also in the 24hours forum, maybe someone could help you.
B-) Regards.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Any recommendations for a quality pilot/military watch with a smaller footprint - say 30-32mm? Rotating bezel, GMT, other functions a plus, but seem hard to find in smaller watches. Thanks.
For a nice, smaller, simple watch (without GMT or Rotating Bezel, sorry) you could check out a Citizen EcoDrive military.

Dave

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
You will have define "small footprint." I just read on another forum, that some people think Bill Yao's MMT is "too small."

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Fortis has a 34mm version of the Flieger GMT and a 35mm version of the Flieger Chronograph. Both do not have a rotating bezel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I'm a girl, thus the desired 'footprint'. I have a Mission Antarctica and a Traser P6500. Love to have a Sinn 142 or Tutima Nato or any of the thousands of incredible watches out there. I have looked at the Early Bird and hope for one of those. I like the old Glycine Airman GMT. There are many women's Breitlings and Tags and Fortis' with great features, but they often look very similar and often seem to lack the 'clean' look of larger watches. I've learned a ton from the knowledge of this forum already, and very much appreciate all your responses. Cheers! - Eileen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts