WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into options for a pilot style watch. The benchmark would be the Stowa pilot, or maybe the Sinn 656. Would like to find something more economical. Are there any similar watches available with quartz movements?

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
yes...........there's a cool Citizen eco-drive model that has that "Euro-fleiger" look.
It's model BM8430-59E...in the USA I've seen prices under US$100.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
If they're still selling them, I recommend the Laco Miyotas (Pilot A or B styles).

Great looking, well built watches, cool straps, superb price, historical significance. And an automatic movement! (Pretty [email protected] lume, however.)

I've only had mine of 4 months or so. But it's still running well.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Seiko 5 Military (automatic):

It's available through Amazon but I bought mine new on eBay for $70.

yeah, those look pretty good, especially for the price. And you can rest assured that Seiko makes a solid movement.

·
Registered
483 Posts
O&W makes a number of field and pilot style watches as does Hamilton. You can also check out Torgoen, which are reasonably priced in quartz, and Wilson Watch works. The latter is only sold on ebay but you can choose whatever movement you want. Archimedes is really nice for the price as is Aristo.

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Junkers and Graf Zeppelin also have quite a line of inexpensive aviation-themed watches. You can find them at longislandwatch.com and watchmann.com. I don't have any experience with those watches, but they loook nice enough. ETA or Ronda quartz movements, some with mechanical movements, too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts