WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Speedmaster, now Yes Watches?
Well, for those interested, my Yes Watch review is here in the public forum:https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=373061

I've updated to include pics of Steven Fricke, commander of Atlantis space shuttle Feb 2008 who wore both his Yes Inca and Yes Tati watches to the space station.
:thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
First Speedmaster, now Yes Watches?
Well, for those interested, my Yes Watch review is here in the public forum:https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=373061

I've updated to include pics of Steven Fricke, commander of Atlantis space shuttle Feb 2008 who wore both his Yes Inca and Yes Tati watches to the space station.
:thanks
I too have a Yes Inca due to its use on the shuttle and ISS. It's also a good watch in its own right though. However, I tend to wear my X-33 when flying; PA-28s not orbiters, unfortunately!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks TimeOnTarget, I mentioned your review in my post as well. :-!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep the X-33 is pretty special. I've been looking at that one as well. Do you know if it is considered a HEQ?

·
Registered
304 Posts
DSLAM and TOT,

Thanks for the great reviews. I have a meager budget for my watch addiction, and I was settling in on a vintage Accutron Astronaut. Now that I stumbled on these reviews, I am changing my mind to a Yes WWII (given the discount they will offer for WUS members).

I liked the Astronaut due to it's vintage slickness AND GMT hand/24 hour bezel. Not only was it retro/space-race but it had a function I desperately desired : a second timezone.

But these Yes watches are amazing!

I used a dead bug and two drawn circles on my garage back door to illustrate to my wife (who is a science teacher and already knows what I was showing her) why we have max sun in summer and min in winter. I need this watch.

John

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're welcome. Actually, it looks like that discount is active now even though it says starts on the 15th. I might want to look at a World Watch II too now!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Yep the X-33 is pretty special. I've been looking at that one as well. Do you know if it is considered a HEQ?
You can check at the High-end Quartz Forum, but i think it's in a gray area:
It's doesn't use a thermo-compensated movement, so technically many wouldn't consider it HEQ. But it's unique movement with multiple functions, build quality and actual use as an astronauts watch certainly makes it a high end watch.
I like mine. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Another question. How "tough" are these watches? I'm not terribly hard on watches, but everyday living can be hard enough.

I know it has a sapphire crystal, but in general, is the rest of the watch decently built?

I'm particularly worried about the bezel. I love my TSAR because the bezel is tight and firm and practically never moves unless I initiate it. You mentioned in your review that the bezel isn't perfectly smooth, can you elaborate on that?

Other aspects would include pushers/crown/clasp/etc.

Thanks!
John

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Another question. How "tough" are these watches? I'm not terribly hard on watches, but everyday living can be hard enough.

I know it has a sapphire crystal, but in general, is the rest of the watch decently built?

I'm particularly worried about the bezel. I love my TSAR because the bezel is tight and firm and practically never moves unless I initiate it. You mentioned in your review that the bezel isn't perfectly smooth, can you elaborate on that?

Thanks!
John
I have a ZULU. The watch is built very well. Not a field watch for sure, but for everyday use should be ok (at least it is, for me).

My bezel turns ok. Smooth. Bear in mind this is not a click bezel and so will move easier than click bezels on dive watches. That's the one thing I don't like about the bezel.

I dinged by bezel badly once by hitting it against a cement wall. The rest of the watch was ok, but the bezel had to be replaced. Sent it back to YES and got a quick turnaround. No problems there. Cost was reasonable too.

No problems with pushers or the crowns to date. Watch is about 3 years old; with me for over 1 year.

regards,
wemedge

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another question. How "tough" are these watches?

Thanks!
John
What I meant by "not perfectly smooth" was that the feeling or "flow" when you are turning the bezel is not perfectly consistent when turning. That is to say you can feel slight speed ups or slow downs depending on where around the circle you are going as you turn it and I do mean "slight" it is not very bad at all. But, as wemedge says, this bezel is not a click style, it is free flowing so I'm not sure what to compare it to but my guess is that a watch like Breitling or similarly priced piece would not present that at all. But it certainly doesnt move with out me doing it on purpose, it is not too loose.

The crown has a very short pull because all it does is set the 24hr hand, so it is firm and wiggle free.

The pushers are fine, just strong enough not to get pushed too easily and they are even feeling as they go in.

The clasp of the bracelet is very even and seems fine to me, no complaints at all.

I have a ZULU. The watch is built very well. Not a field watch for sure, but for everyday use should be ok (at least it is, for me).

My bezel turns ok. Smooth. Bear in mind this is not a click bezel and so will move easier than click bezels on dive watches. That's the one thing I don't like about the bezel.

I dinged by bezel badly once by hitting it against a cement wall. The rest of the watch was ok, but the bezel had to be replaced. Sent it back to YES and got a quick turnaround. No problems there. Cost was reasonable too.

No problems with pushers or the crowns to date. Watch is about 3 years old; with me for over 1 year.

regards,
wemedge
Yep, wemedge, your experience is about the same as mine. I havent had to replace anything though.
I have had the Cozmo for about 6 years now and for about 2 years it was my daily wearer/beater. I never had any problems. The crystal is not sapphire so it's not as shiny but the case, bezel and bracelet have all stood up to the occasional bang and plenty of desk diving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts