WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

To the UK based members / users, or anyone with some info on this....

I'm looking at buying a Planet Ocean 2201.50.00 in the next week or two, and would like to know where would be the best place to buy.

I understand that A.D's are probably the way to go, but are there any other options available to me which may be as good an even perhaps save on A.D prices a little?

Any opinions on that would be useful.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone dealt with or have experience of Dialawatch? Thay appear to offer decent discounts on their website. It would be interesting to hear people's views on them if anyone has any.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
i was in this situation last year but i just opted for goldsmiths, at least if anything went wrong they will sort it out for you (which it did go wrong) but if you buy off the net dont think its as easy, plus i opted for interest free then all my money wasnt all spent(just in case of a rainy day) plus it kept the wife happy, i know they dont give you a discount this way but wasnt bothered, but they will give you a small discount if paying cash.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
i was in this situation last year but i just opted for goldsmiths, at least if anything went wrong they will sort it out for you (which it did go wrong) but if you buy off the net dont think its as easy, plus i opted for interest free then all my money wasnt all spent(just in case of a rainy day) plus it kept the wife happy, i know they dont give you a discount this way but wasnt bothered, but they will give you a small discount if paying cash.
Joe,

If you go through Quidco and buy on-line from Goldsmiths you can get an approx. 14% discount (before VAT) and interest free credit as well.

Just make sure you visit an AD and try on etc beforehand

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
If you're a cash buyer and do opt for Goldsmiths, walk away if your 20% discount request is first refused. they'll come around in the end.

Jon

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got £400 off mine from one of the ADs in the Trafford Centre, Manchester. I could've saved a bit more on line, but then they've sized it twice and threw in a polishing cloth, plus of course there is that certain warm feeling of being dealt with personally. My purchase seemed as big an event for them as it did for me and my family! In the cold light of day the extra £50 would've been better in my pocket, but it was a pleasurable buying experience, so worth it. I couldn't find anyone to match the 20% discount quoted elsewhere. There was £20 between the 2 ADs and one let me walk away, for less than 1% of the retail price.
My PO is my first significant watch purchase, and was made all the better by dealing with real people.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I found HL Browns (northern based very small no. of shops) very helpful and "negotiable" when it came to price. Shops in Yorkshire and Lincs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts