WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a plain black leather strap of decent quality to go on my new Farer Ponting. I'd just order their's, but they're sold out. Any suggestions for something very similar?

BARENIA_black_1024x1024-1_1a949187-f418-4766-ad02-29797271dd11_1024x1024.jpg

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be more specific, I'm looking for full stitch, with black stitching. I'll check Colareb out. I'm a bit of a strap addict, but have never owned that particular brand. Decent quality?

Colareb has many options, I bought the Siena above.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Atdegs,

Would Horween-Cordovan work? 2.5 to 3mm thick. Made in Germany with fast shipping.

I have a black (first quality) 20mm wide (shown here). Around 72 usd.
I also, have a brown (2nd quality) 20mm wide. Around 42 usd.

Can't really tell any difference between the two straps in quality.

They measure 118/75mm.

Trusted ebay seller. I noticed a few of these on the forum. They get good reviews and the out of the package inspection sure looks good.

So, far I haven't mounted mine because there's only six holes on the tail, so I may need to add a hole, or two, toward the lugs to accommodate my small wrist (not sure yet though). That's why I'm including photos with detailed measurements referencing not only length, but, where the holes start and terminate.

h=item52081cd6a1:m:mNyGPKFMXR4Kp-FRMzSQW7Q
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Horween-Cordovan-Shell-Leather-Watch-Strap-18-19-20mm-Black-Brown-Satin-Matt/352323425953?has

IMG_2896 (1).JPG IMG_2897.JPG

Best of Luck in your search!

Attachments

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I prefer brands I know, but thy look really decent.

Atdegs,

Would Horween-Cordovan work? 2.5 to 3mm thick. Made in Germany with fast shipping.

I have a black (first quality) 20mm wide (shown here). Around 72 usd.
I also, have a brown (2nd quality) 20mm wide. Around 42 usd.

Can't really tell any difference between the two straps in quality.

They measure 118/75mm.

Trusted ebay seller. I noticed a few of these on the forum. They get good reviews and the out of the package inspection sure looks good.

So, far I haven't mounted mine because there's only six holes on the tail, so I may need to add a hole, or two, toward the lugs to accommodate my small wrist (not sure yet though). That's why I'm including photos with detailed measurements referencing not only length, but, where the holes start and terminate.

Best of Luck in your search!

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If Farer doesn’t get theirs in stock soon I think this is the front runner. I’d really like a signed buckle though.

The James is actually very nice, bought one as a gift, it looks great in person and the rubber inside is very comfortable.

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Farer has a cheaper non-Barenia strap that I’m going to try. I’ll report back how it is. If it’s too cheap feeling I’ll swap the buckle, probably to a Hirsch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts