WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

181 - 200 of 1249 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Looking back over this thread because I'm experiencing a semi-regular "shall I sell my two Omegas and buy a Rolex".
A common calling.... but you'd probably regret it. I have owned the PO for 8 years now and would find it very hard to sell. I really like the Sub, but I just couldn't buy the new one. It's just so flashy I'd feel wrong wearing it. That is out of no loyalty to OMEGA either. It's just something I've always felt, and have always wanted to buy one, but I always stop myself and strap on the PO instead without any worries whatsoever.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looking back over this thread because I'm experiencing a semi-regular "shall I sell my two Omegas and buy a Rolex".
I have both brands and have the Sub C. As much as I like Rolex, I wouldn't. They are different watches. Which Rolex are you looking at?

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Reactions: Jefferson Overlin

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm looking a new sub (no date), but I'm very unlikely to do it. Not least because I'd have to sell my speedy too. I'll probably end up taking my PO to a Rolex dealer sometime, just to compare. Then I expect I'll stick with the PO, or just wait until some unexpected funds turn up and add the sub to my collection.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Don't compare it, Initially, lining up the 2500 next to the glossiness of the Sub C will make it look flat, under the trickery of the lights in a jewellery store. It's a given. Gets you every time! Seriously though, you'll always hanker after the Sub. I still do on occasion. But I know I won't wear it much, so will probably never bother. If a pristine older one comes up and I'm in the money, I may go there, but not as bothered as I was

·
Registered
325 Posts
You're right, I probably will always hanker after the sub but it would have to be pretty special for me to give up the two Omegas. I tried to sell the PO to pay for the speedy and I couldn't do that!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
For those of You who probably own both 42 and 45mm 2500 PO, which one do You Prefer? I had the chance to try them both but not side by side and I've decided that 45 was my choice as I find the 42mm even smaller than my 2254 which according to the specs is 41.5mm

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Let's appreciate this one...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'll be having this by Monday and really excited.

Not my picture and hope the OP doesn't mind but it's the actual watch.

·
Registered
584 Posts
For those of You who probably own both 42 and 45mm 2500 PO, which one do You Prefer? I had the chance to try them both but not side by side and I've decided that 45 was my choice as I find the 42mm even smaller than my 2254 which according to the specs is 41.5mm

I had both but recently sold my 42mm because I just didn't like the small size. It didn't look bad, but I find the 45.5 to be much better proportioned and not as puck-shaped, as in a little too thick for its width. Plus, my XL is much newer and doesn't have as faded a dial as the 42. They're both great, but I gotta say, I enjoy the big size a lot more :) I'm thinking I might get a Tudor Black Bay to have something a little dressier, but my XL is not going anywhere :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I had both but recently sold my 42mm because I just didn't like the small size. It didn't look bad, but I find the 45.5 to be much better proportioned and not as puck-shaped, as in a little too thick for its width. Plus, my XL is much newer and doesn't have as faded a dial as the 42. They're both great, but I gotta say, I enjoy the big size a lot more :) I'm thinking I might get a Tudor Black Bay to have something a little dressier, but my XL is not going anywhere :)

Nice and such a very helpful advice, Can I ask what's your wrist size please?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
This is a weird one for me, the first time the 2500 has been off my wrist for a full week in 8 years, in favour of the 8500, apart from the servicing month....
Still a cracker though...

·
Registered
2,572 Posts

I'll be honest with you, I've never looked at the 42 and ever thought, 'small'. I'm a couple of mm under 7inch wrist, but I've also not seen a huge difference when I put the 45 on either. You will love either one though once you've got used to wearing it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just bought a black bezel for my orange PO and thinking about swapping it. Do you guys think it would look weird since the numbers will still be orange?
I put the bezel over the watch to see and it looks super awkward. I think I'll need to get used to it.

181 - 200 of 1249 Posts