Registered
7,198 Posts

I was in boutique and had it next to the new one too still like the OG

Reactions: mikekilo725

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Very nice. OEM rubber ?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks tbensous! Yup, picked up from local OB today :)

IMG_0145x.jpg

- as it has a prety good deployant :

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0176xs.jpg

The watch originally came with this rubber strap:-

IMG_0106xs.jpg

(which I far prefer, & have even bought a spare) ...but can't find a suitable deployant to fit it - not even 3rd party - I'm scared that I'll drop it without a deployant, and that constant taking off/putting on for hot showers is going to split the rubber at the large-ish holes for the 7mm buckle tang sooner or later... :-(

View attachment 9854218

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
I know this might be regarded as heresy by some here, but I have found a PO I like better than my 2201.50 ... the new 39.5mm Gen3 model. The size wears better on my 7.75" wrist than the 42mm PO, the OAL is only 45mm (because of "female" endlinks) and it is slightly thinner even than the PO 2500. Add in the ceramic bezel with Liquidmetal markings, the ceramic dial with applied markers, the screw-and-pin bracelet and adjustable clasp (and the clasp tines fold almost entirely into the clasp, just like the original PO, so it sits more comfortably on the wrist), the best lume on an Omega since the Gen1 POs and ... well, I've realized I no longer miss my old 2201.50. I've moved on. Please forgive this post in a Gen1 PO appreciation thread, but I have been one of the more appreciative of fans of this venerable watch. And, while it still is one of the best divers I've ever owned, I've finally found one that bests it for me.

PO 395-¾ plain-8.jpg PO435 clasp inside.jpg

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
IMG_0080.JPG

My original on bracelet, bought by my wife for my 40th, has had full service and refurb, next to my very recently acquired xmas present, I had my black bezel on rubber for holidays and when I took it to have it changed back, found the orange one and before I even said to the wife about going in to look at it, she was doing the maths in her head as I'd been looking for a while lol

I really love my wife lol

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I need to see it for myself iinsic as even the 42mm
2500PO doesn't do it for Me. The size together with the thickness just doesn't appeal to me. How much more the 39.5PO. That's just me anyway, just a personal choice.😊

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
I know this might be regarded as heresy by some here, but I have found a PO I like better than my 2201.50 ... the new 39.5mm Gen3 model. The size wears better on my 7.75" wrist than the 42mm PO, the OAL is only 45mm (because of "female" endlinks) and it is slightly thinner even than the PO 2500. Add in the ceramic bezel with Liquidmetal markings, the ceramic dial with applied markers, the screw-and-pin bracelet and adjustable clasp (and the clasp tines fold almost entirely into the clasp, just like the original PO, so it sits more comfortably on the wrist), the best lume on an Omega since the Gen1 POs and ... well, I've realized I no longer miss my old 2201.50. I've moved on. Please forgive this post in a Gen1 PO appreciation thread, but I have been one of the more appreciative of fans of this venerable watch. And, while it still is one of the best divers I've ever owned, I've finally found one that bests it for me.

View attachment 9854666 View attachment 9854674
That's close enough to my favorites, the Planet Ocean LM LE or Ti Planet Ocean 8500 LM, but with more antimagnetic and adjustable properties.

Reactions: iinsic

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Thanks tbensous! Yup, picked up from local OB today :)

View attachment 9854538

- as it has a prety good deployant :

View attachment 9854346

View attachment 9854642

The watch originally came with this rubber strap:-

View attachment 9854354

(which I far prefer, & have even bought a spare) ...but can't find a suitable deployant to fit it - not even 3rd party - I'm scared that I'll drop it without a deployant, and that constant taking off/putting on for hot showers is going to split the rubber at the large-ish holes for the 7mm buckle tang sooner or later... :-(

View attachment 9854218
Looks very nice. I have thick rubber on tang with my PO as well as steel bracelet. But always though the rubber with stitching and deployment looked very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
803 Posts
View attachment 9855474

My original on bracelet, bought by my wife for my 40th, has had full service and refurb, next to my very recently acquired xmas present, I had my black bezel on rubber for holidays and when I took it to have it changed back, found the orange one and before I even said to the wife about going in to look at it, she was doing the maths in her head as I'd been looking for a while lol

I really love my wife lol
Huh. I didn't even know this model existed. And you say the case thickness is less than the 2201.50? How is that possible with the new movement?

If it is 40mm and at least the same thickness as the 2201.50, you have given me another model to consider.

Edit: I somehow replied to the wrong post. Whoops!

·
Registered
803 Posts

View attachment 9854666 View attachment 9854674
Per my erroneous post above, are you sure the case thickness is less than the 2201.50? How is that possible with the new movement? My biggest complaint with the new models is the case thickness and I'd definitely consider a 40mm if it is around the same thickness as the 2201.50.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Per my erroneous post above, are you sure the case thickness is less than the 2201.50? How is that possible with the new movement? My biggest complaint with the new models is the case thickness and I'd definitely consider a 40mm if it is around the same thickness as the 2201.50.

Yep the PO 8800 is actually thinner than the 2201.50 by a hair! It is only 1 barrel or 55hr power reserve and it has the traditional quick-set date function instead of the bidirectional jumping hour, but it is 2mm thinner than the 8900.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Yep the PO 8800 is actually thinner than the 2201.50 by a hair! It is only 1 barrel or 55hr power reserve and it has the traditional quick-set date function instead of the bidirectional jumping hour, but it is 2mm thinner than the 8900.

I like that quick set date. All of the new models PO came with quick set date?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

261 - 280 of 1249 Posts