WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

461 - 480 of 1249 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Up in the mountains for the holiday. Snapped off a few pics of my 2200.50 during a brief picnic by the water off a great bike path.

This is my fav watch for vacations.

One more shot of scenery

Sent from iPhone 7

Some people have been known to pan for gold, but this could be the next big craze lol

nice pics and nice watch, but I'm a little biased lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
I made a trip to my local Omega boutique yesterday to take a closer look and feel of the new POC. I think I tried on every watch in the store and to be honest I didn't see anything that moved me. The sales associate was complimenting me on my first gen POC with the polished mesh band which was really shinning under the store lights. The "jumpy" second hand on my 2500 POC concerns me but since it is in the subdial I don't really notice it. At this point I don't think I'll be in any hurry to buy anything else.

IMG_1680-L.jpg
IMG_1682-L.jpg

Reactions: SeanoftheDead516

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
So my dad has had an older 42mm Seamaster for about the past ten years. I wanted to get into the watch world, so I jumped in with a Breitling. After selling it, I though it would be funny to outdo my dad. I stepped up from his 42mm to a 45.5mm PO Chronograph 2500. It looked amazing! Honestly, the watch just wasn't for me. I think if I got a smaller one like a 42mm, it would be perfect. 45.5mm is just so big!

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
So I thought this would be an interesting discussion. In some respects the current 39.5 PO brings us back around to the 42mm 2500, largely because it is actually thinner by a hair. Side by side, there are aspects of both watches that I like. The 2500 appears more traditional, with the silver bezel ring that harks back to the '57 300 and number typeface that echoes watches from the line. I personally greatly appreciate the matte dial, the non-applied numbers, the less-chunky hands, the proportions of the bezel numbers, and the slightly more graceful case. Conversely the current PO has a certain coherence, I think resulting from the loss of the silver bezel ring. It's flashier in some ways and less flashy in others.

PO_then_and_now.jpg

461 - 480 of 1249 Posts