WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

521 - 540 of 1238 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Dude what straps are those ?
Top is an old Geckota prototype from WatchGecko, has now become the:
"Geckota® Chocolate Brown 20mm Simple Italian Watch Strap Satin Buckle".

I prefer that one over my others for the PO 2500 as the leather ends of the strap project past the spring-bars on the watch into the space between the lugs, largely filling the gap. Might not sound much, but it makes an important difference in appearance to me.

IMG_1156s.jpg

IMG_1171bs.jpg

Lower is my rubber strap for swimming, but is so soft & comfortable that it tends to be left on for casual wear too.
It's a "20mm deBeer 911 Mens Black Silicone Rubber Dive Watch Band Strap Item Number 231419325667" from Holben's Fine Watch Bands.

It also fills the "gap" between the PO 2500 lugs well, and looks wider wider than it is, suiting my 42mm PO 2500 better.
However, the main reason I chose this one (before I also knew how soft & comfortable it would be) is that the holes for the spring-bars are big enough to allow for easily fitting a 'leash', to save the watch from falling (& being lost when swimming or diving in open sea/ocean) - see pic below.

With an Isofrane its been an old navy trick for yonks to link a nylon-reinforced thread for a leash through the "air vents" in the strap, but the Isofrane doesn't fit the 42mm PO 2500 as well as it does on my Sub, MK IIs, Squales etc. (as the spring-bar holes on the PO 2500 are far closer to the ends of the lugs than on my other watches), and leaves a big ugly gap between the strap & the watch. :-(

For me this strap is a better solution for swimming / diving with my PO2500, is so soft, wears very comfortably even when wet, & I think looks cooler too, an extremely deep matt black colour.

IMG_2388.jpg

Leash doesn't show when wearing...

IMG_2382s.jpg

Gap with Isofrane (sorry, not a good shot, I tried to hide the gap when taking the pic, in reality the gap is bigger & more noticeable) :

IMG_1927s.jpg

Sorry answer got so long!
...hope some of it might be useful :roll:

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Just a question for owners. Will our bezel inserts always be available? Did my first service recently and didn't need to change it but by the next one I may need to. And, no I'm not the type that likes dings and scratches on the original bezel insert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
The 2500 will go down as the most desirable PO of them all similar to the pre-ceramic bezel Rolex Subs with the thinner case.

The 2500 is simply a masterpiece.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
The bond with my 2500 PO is very strong!

Here are a couple recent pics on black rubber:

Cheers,
Rob
on Instagram: @buchmann.69

Reactions: TSC and cybercat

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Just a question for owners. Will our bezel inserts always be available? Did my first service recently and didn't need to change it but by the next one I may need to. And, no I'm not the type that likes dings and scratches on the original bezel insert.

I doubt the inserts will always be available. I had my PO serviced last year (summer) for the first time in 11 years and they damaged the insert pretty bad. The watch was mint, I'm generally very careful unless it's a beater. They replaced the insert under warranty but it took them four weeks to get the part from Switzerland.

521 - 540 of 1238 Posts