WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

561 - 580 of 1238 Posts

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
My Planet Ocean 2500 has gained only 3.7 minutes in 180 days

(+1.2 sec/day x 6 months = only +1 minute every 7 weeks)

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
My 2500D gains around 8 seconds per day, which is disappointing. :-(

I'm tempted to have it serviced, but then again 8 is not the end of the world as I just set it a minute early every two weeks.

but I know that it can do much better - and it's just outside COSC range. :think:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,670 Posts

I'm tempted to have it serviced, but then again 8 is not the end of the world as I just set it a minute early every two weeks.

but I know that it can do much better - and it's just outside COSC range. :think:
Service it buddy.

·
Registered
486 Posts
maybe not COSC.... but one thing is sure.... the picture is awesome!!! :-D

·
Registered
766 Posts
Service it buddy.
Another problem is that the Omega service center here in Israel has got bed rep from many people, so I need to find a very good independent watchmaker who services these movements, OR send it abroad (something I really don't want to do).

In any case I prefer to see the person who does it and talk to them, not just send it into some lab.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Another problem is that the Omega service center here in Israel has got bed rep from many people, so I need to find a very good independent watchmaker who services these movements, OR send it abroad (something I really don't want to do).

In any case I prefer to see the person who does it and talk to them, not just send it into some lab.
How long have you had it?

·
Registered
766 Posts
How long have you had it?
Since early August. Bought it second hand from someone who bought it second hand himself in Geneva last year, watch is dated to April 2011.

Watch was/is in mint condition save for some wear scartches/dents from my time with it, never serviced (red dot still very visible).

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
In that case, yes, service it. It looked polished, so thought it may have been done.. But 2011 definitely worth getting it done now.
Alex on here is from Israel, ask him his experiences out there?

·
Registered
766 Posts
In that case, yes, service it. It looked polished, so thought it may have been done.. But 2011 definitely worth getting it done now.
Alex on here is from Israel, ask him his experiences out there?
Watch hasn't been polished at least to my knowledge, doesn't look like it?

Can you please refer me to Alex's username, I couldn't find him myself. Thanks!

zgnwnev.jpg

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
We all here have the best PO ever made. I was hesitant to service mine after 8 years of ownership.

However since my service the accuracy has been incredible.

561 - 580 of 1238 Posts