WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

581 - 600 of 1238 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
It's in great condition. AlexTA is his username. He's in Tel Aviv if I remember rightly...
Thank you TSC! I keep falling deeper and deeper in love with this piece every day and enjoying the heck out of it, just want it to be COSC again.

I found Alex_TA and dropped him a line, will update here if I have any substantial updates.

We all here have the best PO ever made. I was hesitant to service mine after 8 years of ownership.

However since my service the accuracy has been incredible.
Yes indeed - to service it will go, once I find the right person for the job.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Thank you TSC! I keep falling deeper and deeper in love with this piece every day and enjoying the heck out of it, just want it to be COSC again.

I found Alex_TA and dropped him a line, will update here if I have any substantial updates.
No worries, good luck.
If you ever fancy a change, they also look brill on a NATO.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Please let us know if you find a good person to service it!

Yes indeed - to service it will go, once I find the right person for the job.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
So I've had the 2500 Planet Ocean since the spring and I've enjoyed it. It's super accurate and it's robust and pretty under the radar so I'm not worried to wear it in almost any situation. However, I've found it a bit uncomfortable; the watch on bracelet is very heavy and I can't get a good fit on the bracelet since there are no micro adjustments. Plus, there is something about the look of the bracelet I don't like; I think it's the way the endlinks stick out so far beyond the lugs. I was considering flipping it for something smaller and lighter like a Railmaster. However, I bought an inexpensive shark mesh bracelet and tried it on my PO this weekend. Normally I'm not a fan wearing my watches on anything other than OEM bracelets. I don't like natos or rubber straps and rarely wear leather. I also hate gaps between the case and endlinks (like on the Tudor Ranger). However, the shark mesh on the PO somehow just works. I think it looks great with the polished steel adding a bit of flash to an otherwise rugged watch. But best of all it is extremely comfortable. The mesh is extremely adjustable and light weight. I'm thrilled with it. Plus Omega has a history of putting some divers on mesh so I don't feel it's sacrilegious.

IMG-1278.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Not much of a bracelet guy. Almost all my watches are on aftermarket straps. It helps that the PO wears all kinds of different straps well.

20170910_154104.jpg

·
Registered
234 Posts
May I ask why? Trading for something more special?
The PO is truly a fantastic watch, but as my collection and tastes have changed over the years, I don't have as much need for a higher-end diver like this. It's just not getting the wrist time it once did, so I'd like to see it go to someone who will wear and enjoy it often.

581 - 600 of 1238 Posts