WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

621 - 640 of 1238 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ok, so it's now been on my wrist solidly for 2 weeks, 24 hours a day, which never happens for me, I always get bored after a day or two and swap watches. I've tried to take it off a couple of time to give something else a chance but I just can't seem to do it. I've been keeping an eye on the accuracy of this watch since I set it against the atomic clock last Thursday and over the last 7 days it's gained less than half a second, which is absolutely phenomenal and basically shames everything else that I own. I treated it to a bit of TLC over the weekend and re-brushed the bracelet and clasp so the strap now looks factory fresh. I was toying with the idea of selling it a few week's ago but I think it's now firmly back onto the keeper list and it may well have sealed the fate of my ETA Black Bay.

PO2500b.jpg

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Happens to the best of us! Mine will be ten years and counting next year, and it's still the fave.
Impressive touch up, what did you use on it?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Happens to the best of us! Mine will be ten years and counting next year, and it's still the fave.
Impressive touch up, what did you use on it?
One of those refinishing kits which is basically 3 different 3m / Scotchbrite pads. This time though I used the medium one which is red / brown in colour, took me about 10 minutes and I didn't even bother taking off the bracelet this time, just need to mask off around the watch head just in case.

·
Registered
593 Posts
So for the past couple weeks ive had my eyes on the new 8900, tried it on a number of times and really liked it, but wasn't entirely convinced. Last night i was bored so i thought id clean my watches since its been years since i did that last. After a soapy rinse I put on the PO 2500 for the first time in a long time and was it surprised at how well it fit and how truly beautiful the watch is. Was thinking about selling it to fund the 8900 but now i think i'll hang on to it for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
One of those refinishing kits which is basically 3 different 3m / Scotchbrite pads. This time though I used the medium one which is red / brown in colour, took me about 10 minutes and I didn't even bother taking off the bracelet this time, just need to mask off around the watch head just in case.
Brave, I should give that a go sometime, 5 or 6 years since the last service and could do with it, but I'm bound to balls it up. Did you not mask the edges off?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Brave, I should give that a go sometime, 5 or 6 years since the last service and could do with it, but I'm bound to balls it up. Did you not mask the edges off?
Honestly you should give it a go, you'll be surprised at how easy it is to get very good results. No need to mask off the edges, but if it's your first crack at it I would suggest removing the bracelet and then you can start you at one edge and go in a straight line all the way to the other. I actually wear my PO on the wrist upside down when I'm doing it as the links are more rounded and need to be arched around your wrist to expose more of the metal. As long as you go in one direction and keep your line straight you'll be onto a winner ;-)

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Honestly you should give it a go, you'll be surprised at how easy it is to get very good results. No need to mask off the edges, but if it's your first crack at it I would suggest removing the bracelet and then you can start you at one edge and go in a straight line all the way to the other. I actually wear my PO on the wrist upside down when I'm doing it as the links are more rounded and need to be arched around your wrist to expose more of the metal. As long as you go in one direction and keep your line straight you'll be onto a winner ;-)
Yeh, when I saw the YouTube video, guy was doing that on his Sub, and wearing it. Always thought it was done in one direction, but he was going up and down on the bracelet, What could possibly go wrong eh?!b-)

621 - 640 of 1238 Posts