WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

641 - 660 of 1238 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
So for the past couple weeks ive had my eyes on the new 8900, tried it on a number of times and really liked it, but wasn't entirely convinced. Last night i was bored so i thought id clean my watches since its been years since i did that last. After a soapy rinse I put on the PO 2500 for the first time in a long time and was it surprised at how well it fit and how truly beautiful the watch is. Was thinking about selling it to fund the 8900 but now i think i'll hang on to it for the foreseeable future.
Mine will be 12 years old next month, like a good whisky. Went through its first service and overhaul last year. Accuracy is still incredible. I also thought about selling it to fund another watch but what holds me back is I would be too sad to let it go. My first luxury watch. You never forget the first time. I wear it once a month as I rotate and it feels great every time. They really nailed it. I tried the 8900 but wasn't 100% convinced either, looks great but not as great as the 2500.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It is so crazy to me that omega designed this watch, which was a best-seller for them, then moved away from the design almost immediately. Someone needs to talk to the folks there about not fixing things that aren't broken. I could imagine the PO being a boon and an identifying watch for Omega (like the sub for Rolex) if they didn't muddy the design so much.

I totally agree. It is RIDICULOUS that Omega doesn't get this ! I am just glad I have my 2500D PO. Wish I had the Seamaster 300 but maybe some day. The 2500 PO is the best of the best as far as Omega is concerned and they should have grabbed it and held on to it for life. I had a speedmaster for years but sold it to get this PO. Absolutely Iconic and beautiful. People say it is odd that a watch that only just recently arrived feels like an icon and they are confused as to why it feels this way. Its because it screams to be the Omega Icon, S-C-R-E-A-M-S...... S-C-R-E-A-M-S. I appreciate that Omega built it, but I must say...Those in charge of Omega are dumb dumb dumb. They get their Submariner and they discard it....crazy, UNBELIEVABLE. Whomever has a 2500PO, never sell it, those whom do not, get one and never sell it. The 8500 PO looks like a clown watch, trying to be a Rolex. sad. the 2500 PO is the key, no doubt.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Perfect size of the 2500 42mm

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
You got yourself a great deal for $1600.. Great watch and it goes well with either straps or bracelets.

My best friend has been daily wearing his 2201.50 for 13 years. Only time it's been off him was for service a few years back. Poor thing is so beat up yet so attractive for that reason. It was like new when he got it, paid $1600 o|
View attachment 12642147

·
Registered
378 Posts
Where did you get that mesh bracelet from ? Looks pretty nice !!
So I've had the 2500 Planet Ocean since the spring and I've enjoyed it. It's super accurate and it's robust and pretty under the radar so I'm not worried to wear it in almost any situation. However, I've found it a bit uncomfortable; the watch on bracelet is very heavy and I can't get a good fit on the bracelet since there are no micro adjustments. Plus, there is something about the look of the bracelet I don't like; I think it's the way the endlinks stick out so far beyond the lugs. I was considering flipping it for something smaller and lighter like a Railmaster. However, I bought an inexpensive shark mesh bracelet and tried it on my PO this weekend. Normally I'm not a fan wearing my watches on anything other than OEM bracelets. I don't like natos or rubber straps and rarely wear leather. I also hate gaps between the case and endlinks (like on the Tudor Ranger). However, the shark mesh on the PO somehow just works. I think it looks great with the polished steel adding a bit of flash to an otherwise rugged watch. But best of all it is extremely comfortable. The mesh is extremely adjustable and light weight. I'm thrilled with it. Plus Omega has a history of putting some divers on mesh so I don't feel it's sacrilegious.

View attachment 12584567

·
Registered
327 Posts
Reactions: BrianMcKay

·
Registered
327 Posts
Oh man, this picture says a thousand words about how hard the new PO tries to do what the 2500 effortlessly does. Elegance isn't in found dotted lines, complex shapes, and shiny surfaces :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know. The new versions are dopey, clowny. Looks cheap. No class.

Reactions: Jefferson Overlin

·
Registered
327 Posts
Still going strong, even with some nice competitors 
I don't think there is any competition with the 2500 PO looks wise. No way no how.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
It is so crazy to me that omega designed this watch, which was a best-seller for them, then moved away from the design almost immediately. Someone needs to talk to the folks there about not fixing things that aren't broken. I could imagine the PO being a boon and an identifying watch for Omega (like the sub for Rolex) if they didn't muddy the design so much.

I totally agree. It is RIDICULOUS that Omega doesn't get this ! I am just glad I have my 2500D PO. Wish I had the Seamaster 300 but maybe some day. The 2500 PO is the best of the best as far as Omega is concerned and they should have grabbed it and held on to it for life. I had a speedmaster for years but sold it to get this PO. Absolutely Iconic and beautiful. People say it is odd that a watch that only just recently arrived feels like an icon and they are confused as to why it feels this way. Its because it screams to be the Omega Icon, S-C-R-E-A-M-S...... S-C-R-E-A-M-S. I appreciate that Omega built it, but I must say...Those in charge of Omega are dumb dumb dumb. They get their Submariner and they discard it....crazy, UNBELIEVABLE. Whomever has a 2500PO, never sell it, those whom do not, get one and never sell it. The 8500 PO looks like a clown watch, trying to be a Rolex. sad. the 2500 PO is the key, no doubt.
The new PO’s are too try hard, blingy and top heavy. The subtle sophistication of the 2500 is timeless. I have several watches. Love my Seikos but nothing compares to the PO 2500.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I don't think there is any competition with the 2500 PO looks wise. No way no how.
And still.. the PO left the building.
Sold it last December.

Quite happy with the two that were left behind

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
And still.. the PO left the building.
Sold it last December.

Quite happy with the two that were left behind
You have two top pieces there. The Explorer has become one of my favourite Rolexes and the ETA Black Bay defeats the inhouse for comfort. And you can’t beat that smily face.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I don't understand all the hate for the new PO. The newer PO 8500, 8800, 8900 are all great watches but I would agree they don't look as classy as the PO 2500 simply because they aren't meant to be. The PO designs are trending towards a more sporty look mainly because the other Seamaster lines are geared towards a more traditional look (AT, 300, 300M). Its no mistake the PO 8900 is more than 16mm thick, it wasn't made to fit under your tuxedo, its a full blown diving watch.

I too love the PO 2500 but its all personal preference, i m sure there are a ton of people who love the newer models and think the PO 2500 is boring and outdated. I understand this is a PO 2500 appreciation thread but there's really no need to bash the other models. Whether you think its a great thing or not Omega makes something for everyone.

As mentioned earlier I also agree that the PO 2500 look was a home run but because Omega is the "anti-Rolex" they aren't going to push the PO 2500 for the next 50 years like the sub. Instead they do what they always do, innovate to make new bold designs. Everyone has a different opinion whether this is a good thing or not but it doesn't really matter just be thankful Omega did make a PO 2500 and that you own one.

641 - 660 of 1238 Posts