WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

661 - 680 of 1238 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Second that.

My 2500C was my first proper watch and sometimes i think of flipping it, until i rotate it back onto my wrist and i conclude i'll never sell it. 2500 all the way without a doubt in my mind.

Mine will be 12 years old next month, like a good whisky. Went through its first service and overhaul last year. Accuracy is still incredible. I also thought about selling it to fund another watch but what holds me back is I would be too sad to let it go. My first luxury watch. You never forget the first time. I wear it once a month as I rotate and it feels great every time. They really nailed it. I tried the 8900 but wasn't 100% convinced either, looks great but not as great as the 2500.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #663
Are you aware that your watch is on top of your cuff? Just asking.
Yes. It was cold that particular day so I️ was wearing a heavier shirt and, just prior to the picture, was also wearing light gloves. Being on a nato strap I️ didn’t see an issue with wearing it over the cuff.

Sent from iPhone 7

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes. It was cold that particular day so I️ was wearing a heavier shirt and, just prior to the picture, was also wearing light gloves. Being on a nato strap I️ didn’t see an issue with wearing it over the cuff.

Sent from iPhone 7
I was just kidding around, no need to explain. Sorry. Nice watch though :)

·
Registered
327 Posts

Sent from iPhone 7
I was just kidding around, no need to explain. Sorry. Nice watch though :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
And still.. the PO left the building.
Sold it last December.

Quite happy with the two that were left behind

I think the 2500 PO blows these out of the water.

·
Registered
327 Posts
No longer have mine. But the 2500 was my entry into the wonderful world of Omega a few years ago. May have to pick up another some day.

po side.jpg po hirsch.jpg
No longer have mine. But the 2500 was my entry into the wonderful world of Omega a few years ago. May have to pick up another some day.
I personally can't imagine anyone selling their 2500 PO.....unless it was to feed their child or something.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
View attachment 12672003 View attachment 12672005

I personally can't imagine anyone selling their 2500 PO.....unless it was to feed their child or something.
My young son traded an older Planet Ocean 2500 to buy a more expensive new SMPc Chronograph, which we later traded to get an X-33 Skywalker. He'd still like to own a Planet Ocean 2500, more than the 8500/8900, someday when he feels like he's in a position to be able to properly care for and maintain an automatic watch. So, immaturity and impulsivity could do it.

I've set aside a spare POLMLE for him, for when he gets married and I can wear mine together with him as he walks down the aisle.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I think the 2500 PO blows these out of the water.
That's a matter of taste..
I still like the PO 2500. Wish I bought the 42mm back then, I grew tired of the size and weight of my 45.5mm.

Explorer and Black Bay are more comfortable to me.

·
Registered
327 Posts
That's a matter of taste..
I still like the PO 2500. Wish I bought the 42mm back then, I grew tired of the size and weight of my 45.5mm.

Explorer and Black Bay are more comfortable to me.
It certainly is.

And as to size, I have a huge wrist. Rolex look like girls' watches on my wrist, so the 45 is right for me.

Reactions: RDK

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Recent pics of my PO...

Cheers,
Rob
on Instagram: @buchmann.69

661 - 680 of 1238 Posts