WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

741 - 760 of 1249 Posts

·
Registered
12,206 Posts
Mine was recently serviced after 7 years. It was losing 2 seconds per day, now gaining 0.5 seconds per day and looking like new :)

This has been a great watch and my daily wearer for a few years now.

It’s coming up on five years from the original purchase date. How soon are you all getting your first service? Is it time?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Mine was recently serviced after 7 years. It was losing 2 seconds per day, now gaining 0.5 seconds per day and looking like new :)
Mine is 10 years old, and was serviced 5 years ago. It's running dead on now, so am reluctant to send for it's next service. Was a +3, but now runs spot on. Go figure!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree. Don’t service again unless it’s needs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice.

It’s historically been +7 sec/day so I’d like to get a bit more accuracy. I might as well get that done with a service rather than waiting a few more years..

·
Registered
25 Posts
I almost picked up a PO before I got my current GMT. It was a 45 XL. Just couldn't pull the trigger. Of course now that I've spent time with the 44mm GMT, I think I could have handled the XL. Oh well, maybe down the road?

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Orange overload today...

Cheers,
Rob
on Instagram: @buchmann.69

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
I agree. Don’t service again unless it’s needs it.

I sent my POLMLE in for service a couple of weeks ago, when it hit 7 years old, and should have it back in late May. I wasn't having any issues, but I put it in the safe 2 years ago at 5 years old, so I wouldn't wear out any parts just in case I serviced it locally. My local watchmaker only knows the 2500, and is not a certified Omega watchmaker or have a parts account - he did a fantastic job with my 2201.51 4 years ago. But it went to Omega Culver City.

Reactions: solesman

·
Registered
12,206 Posts
I sent my POLMLE in for service a couple of weeks ago, when it hit 7 years old, and should have it back in late May. I wasn't having any issues, but I put it in the safe 2 years ago at 5 years old, so I wouldn't wear out any parts just in case I serviced it locally. My local watchmaker only knows the 2500, and is not a certified Omega watchmaker or have a parts account - he did a fantastic job with my 2201.51 4 years ago. But it went to Omega Culver City.
I’m sure they will do a great job. Mine was very well used with lots of scratches along the tops of the lugs and on the case. It’s now pristine. I forgot just how beautiful these watches are in brand new condition.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
I’m sure they will do a great job. Mine was very well used with lots of scratches along the tops of the lugs and on the case. It’s now pristine. I forgot just how beautiful these watches are in brand new condition.

Mine is so pristine that I asked them not to do a polish.

Reactions: solesman
741 - 760 of 1249 Posts