WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 1249 Posts

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Added a second PO 2500 to the collection, the infamous POLMLE - It's as beautiful as my Ti PO8500 LM. With the glossy dial and bezel, I'm not sure I'll ever need wear my SMP Ceramic again.

Loving the Ceramic dial and Liquid Metal bezel, but I still like the matte black dial and orange bezel on my older PO2500 which I wore all day before the POLMLE showed up.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Added a second PO 2500 to the collection, the infamous POLMLE - It's as beautiful as my Ti PO8500 LM. With the glossy dial and bezel, I'm not sure I'll ever need wear my SMP Ceramic again.

Loving the Ceramic dial and Liquid Metal bezel, but I still like the matte black dial and orange bezel on my older PO2500 which I wore all day before the POLMLE showed up.

Wow, I would say that has to be a bit of a grail for me.

Superb looking watch, congrats!

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

Congratulations on an outstanding acquisition! That one has been on my list for a while.

Looks fantastic. Keep us posted on how you like it, how it does, etc.

Sent from a Payphone

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I'm going back to 2500 from the 8500...it a real classic with perfect dimensions for me. This thread has made up my mind!!! Thanks all...
Just can't beat the original PO.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I loved my 2500 PO. Even though I upgraded to the 8500 42mm and a 40mm sub, the 2500 42mm is a really beautifully proportioned watch with a classic design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I loved my 2500 PO. Even though I upgraded to the 8500 42mm and a 40mm sub, the 2500 42mm is a really beautifully proportioned watch with a classic design

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but what are the exact case thicknesses for the 2500 and 8500? Also, are there any 42mm Planet Ocean models with the silicon balance spring?

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but what are the exact case thicknesses for the 2500 and 8500? Also, are there any 42mm Planet Ocean models with the silicon balance spring?
Case Height
PO2500
42mm -- 14.2mm
45.5mm -- 15.5mm

PO8500
42mm -- 15.7mm
45.5mm -- 16.5mm

Sent from a Payphone

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I don't recall the difference in case thickness but it is noticeable. The 8500 42mm uses the silicone balance Spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't recall the difference in case thickness but it is noticeable. The 8500 42mm uses the silicone balance Spring.
I think the 8500 is the winner for me then. There seems to be a lot of people with both generations. Has anyone noticed a difference between the two models with the sensitivity of being magnetized?

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I think the 8500 is the winner for me then. There seems to be a lot of people with both generations. Has anyone noticed a difference between the two models with the sensitivity of being magnetized?
No issues for me

Sent from a Payphone

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Not trying to sound disrespectful but lets stick to the 2500 love. There are other threads to discuss thickness and 8500PO features. ;)

The best remains the LMLE imho . Best of both world.

61 - 80 of 1249 Posts