WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

781 - 800 of 1238 Posts

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Truly my favorite watch and not just because it was the first Omega. I would give up every watch I have including the Rolex’s before this one.

I agree. Look at my signature below to see how many Rolex Submariner I have owned and sold - all of them.

Meanwhile, the only Omega diver's that I have sold were always one out of a pair of the same watch, a POLMLE and SMPc chronograph intended for my son but didn't work out for him. But they were redundant duplicates of the same watch that I already owned and wear. I believe that I will always keep my Planet Ocean 2500, POLMLE, Ti Planet Ocean 8500, and Ti Planet Ocean 9300.

The extra SMPc chronograph was sold to get my son a Ti X-33 Skywalker for high school graduation, and the extra POLMLE was traded to get a second GSOTM for my son's college graduation in 2 years.

Likely, if I needed the money, I'd sell any of my Seamaster Pros before I'd sell a Planet Ocean. I came close to selling my Ti Planet Ocean 8500 to get the matching Ti blue Planet Ocean GMT earlier in the year (new 30% off), but in the end I decided against it.

Can't post without a photo - this is all you get...
IMG_3393.jpg

Reactions: cybercat and GTTIME

·
Registered
587 Posts
I like this forum because it's about the only place in the world I can admit to having two of virtually the same watch, and nobody judges me.

pos.jpg

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Reactions: RDK

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick question about Omega service in UK.
I have an Omega Planet Ocean 2500, purchased new from UK AD in Jan 2009.
Daily wearer, no problems with it, still keeping accurate time. But considering sending it for full service in near future, as it will be 10 years old.
I’ve contacted Omega via website asking about service options: in UK vs having it sent to Switzerland.
Their reply only mentions UK option: Omega repair centre in Southampton (not far from where I live, so could drive there and drop it off, or use their pre-paid insured courier service) for 410 GBP.
Has anyone had their watch serviced by Omega-authorised centre in Southampton? Good experience or any issues?
And how long did it take?
Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Quick question about Omega service in UK.
I have an Omega Planet Ocean 2500, purchased new from UK AD in Jan 2009.
Daily wearer, no problems with it, still keeping accurate time. But considering sending it for full service in near future, as it will be 10 years old.
I’ve contacted Omega via website asking about service options: in UK vs having it sent to Switzerland.
Their reply only mentions UK option: Omega repair centre in Southampton (not far from where I live, so could drive there and drop it off, or use their pre-paid insured courier service) for 410 GBP.
Has anyone had their watch serviced by Omega-authorised centre in Southampton? Good experience or any issues?
And how long did it take?
Many thanks.
No experience within the UK, but if the US and Switzerland are any indication, expect around 2 months.

781 - 800 of 1238 Posts