WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

801 - 820 of 1238 Posts

·
Registered
12,120 Posts
I serviced my PO last December. They wanted to send to Southampton, but I wanted Switzerland to do it. I’d heard that it’s better over there. The boutique gladly listened and I received it back within 6 weeks from the Swiss elves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I used a Swiss Time Services in Rayleigh UK great service and a good price and cheaper than Omega.

Fully recommend pretty swift turn around time as well usually less than 4 weeks (more like 2 depending on how busy they are)

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just got my 2500 back from a full restoration at Nesbit’s Fine Watches. As good as new! I love, love, LOVE this watch. If anyone is in need of service for their 2500 (they’re getting on in years), I can highly recommend Nesbit’s!

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
I just got my 2500 back from a full restoration at Nesbit’s Fine Watches. As good as new! I love, love, LOVE this watch. If anyone is in need of service for their 2500 (they’re getting on in years), I can highly recommend Nesbit’s!

Why did they replace the dial?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Why did they replace the dial?
You can’t see it in the photo, but the white gold on the applied markers was corroded/splotchy/irregular. The Lume was somewhat off color as well.

I didn’t have a great deal of sentimental investment in the watch, so I wanted it set back to as near to new as possible. All in, it was a new bezel (scratched), new crystal (the old blue AR was scuffed), new hands (corroded, faded orange second hand), new dial (imperfect applied markers as mentioned), and of course, the standard mechanical service and case re-finishing with new pins in the bracelet as required. It now literally looks like it just came out of the factory.

·
Registered
999 Posts

Breakfast finished on Holiday in Thailand. About to give the PO a bath in the hotel pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

801 - 820 of 1238 Posts