WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

821 - 840 of 1235 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can’t see it in the photo, but the white gold on the applied markers was corroded/splotchy/irregular. The Lume was somewhat off color as well.

I didn’t have a great deal of sentimental investment in the watch, so I wanted it set back to as near to new as possible. All in, it was a new bezel (scratched), new crystal (the old blue AR was scuffed), new hands (corroded, faded orange second hand), new dial (imperfect applied markers as mentioned), and of course, the standard mechanical service and case re-finishing with new pins in the bracelet as required. It now literally looks like it just came out of the factory.
That restore looks incredible! I'm thinking of doing one on mine - how much did all that set you back?!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Love the look how did you get on with sizing it?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It was very easy TBH, the 160mm strap length was pretty much spot on for my 7.25" wrist, I just had to use the mirco adjustment to get the perfect fit.

On a previous watch I had the longer version, that was slightly more difficult as you have to take an extension block out of the strap by knocking the pin through, but as long as you have the right tools it's very straightforward.

I'm happy to share why I purchased the strap from, drop me a PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Sorry, I missed this question. All-in, it was around $1,400. I got the watch used (and rough) from a friend, so I feel that this plus the original purchase price for me was a very good value combined.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Southampton service centre are brilliant. I live in Fareham so dropped it off and picked it up......first class all round...takes around 6-8 weeks

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Yes, the lack of micro adjustment is the reason mine are so scratch free...

·
Registered
3,604 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
On Hirsch Performance today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: kadmus and pdaigle
821 - 840 of 1235 Posts