WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

901 - 920 of 1238 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Finally got me a PO (2500). I know some hate the 007 models, but I dig it. 007 counterweight is not that noticeable anyway.

I was surprised how thin it was for a large diameter. Fits very comfortable on me and this is probably the best rubber strap I have owned. I like that the strap sits flush with bezel at the lugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Finally got me a PO (2500). I know some hate the 007 models, but I dig it. 007 counterweight is not that noticeable anyway.

I was surprised how thin it was for a large diameter. Fits very comfortable on me and this is probably the best rubber strap I have owned. I like that the strap sits flush with bezel at the lugs.

I love my QOS that I bought last year in mint unworn condition!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’ve had my 2500 for 10 years+ now and I still love it. However, when using the stainless steel standard strap I can’t find a perfect size for my wrist. It’s either too small or too big. It’s really infuriating. I know the newer models have an adjustment which is perfect especially when your wrist swells up during the day but does anyone have any suggestions to help?

I have also bought the Omega black leather strap and deployment clasp which helps as you can easily adjust that but still want to use the steel strap.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I’ve had my 2500 for 10 years+ now and I still love it. However, when using the stainless steel standard strap I can’t find a perfect size for my wrist. It’s either too small or too big. It’s really infuriating. I know the newer models have an adjustment which is perfect especially when your wrist swells up during the day but does anyone have any suggestions to help?
Hi gr4z,

I know the problem only too well.

Luckily it's not a difficult job to fit the adjustable clasp (& adaptor links if using original bracelet) to the 2500 PO.
Did it by myself back in April 2017 - after dark, while cooking vegetables, oven baking a pizza & answering messages, all in around 90 minutes. :-d

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1504a.jpg

Later put my 2500 on the 8500 bracelet (using the original 952 endlinks), so now has all screw-type connections & no adaptors needed :-!

18 months ago I also got another (10 years newer) 42mm PO2500 from a fellow forum member, already with a similar set-up.

IMG_E3981.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

Some of these parts difficult to source here in HK (or in UK), so I eventually got all the bits & pieces needed from John Spellman at Swiss Watch Spares & Swiss Limited Editions in Manchester.

He's extremely helpful & knowledgable about Omega watch parts, & very chatty on the phone. I called him & he confirmed all the right bits etc.

Hope some of the above might be useful. ;-)

Cheers, William.
'

Sorry for the old "news" gr4z - just realised we've already exchanged posts about this, around 14 months ago.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi gr4z,

I know the problem only too well.

Luckily it's not a difficult job to fit the adjustable clasp (& adaptor links if using original bracelet) to the 2500 PO.
Did it by myself back in April 2017 - after dark, while cooking vegetables, oven baking a pizza & answering messages, all in around 90 minutes. :-d

View attachment 13957481

View attachment 13957501

View attachment 13957505

Later put my 2500 on the 8500 bracelet (using the original 952 endlinks), so now has all screw-type connections & no adaptors needed :-!

18 months ago I also got another (10 years newer) 42mm PO2500 from a fellow forum member, already with a similar set-up.

View attachment 13957507

View attachment 13957483

View attachment 13957511

Some of these parts difficult to source here in HK (or in UK), so I eventually got all the bits & pieces needed from John Spellman at Swiss Watch Spares & Swiss Limited Editions in Manchester.

He's extremely helpful & knowledgable about Omega watch parts, & very chatty on the phone. I called him & he confirmed all the right bits etc.

Hope some of the above might be useful. ;-)

Cheers, William.
'

Sorry for the old "news" gr4z - just realised we've already exchanged posts about this, around 14 months ago.
Oh yeah! I remember I tried to source the materials from some local dealers who all refused to sell me anything as it was not approved from Omega. Hence I bought the leather strap and deployment. Sorry I totally forgot about the previous posts!

Hence a re-request for any other help. I will try and get hold of your dealer. Can I ask how much it was? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Good luck, I would suggest using a US Omega Boutique if you can. I just did mine two weeks ago for ~$200. They didn't even rise and eyebrow when I asked.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Good luck, I would suggest using a US Omega Boutique if you can. I just did mine two weeks ago for ~$200. They didn't even rise and eyebrow when I asked.
Think those in UK are concerned about ordering from the US, and particularly about the UK regulatory import charges (including VAT, customs, delivery & import etc) - bit of a nightmare, & an expensive one. :roll:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Fully agreed and understand. But also believe UK dealers are not willing to do things US dealers are
Yup, same as in Hong Kong now.

New-ish rules from Omega in Bienne last 2-3 years, bit obscure but along the lines of : 'parts can't be used on or sold for watches they weren't specifically designed for'.

Seems not enforced by OBs & ADs in some other places, such as US (yet?).

I've bought hard-to-get parts & accessories at AD/OB in Japan without a raised eyebrow, which OBs here in HK wouldn't sell me, no matter if just a strap for the correct watch, but not the specific model - they consult direct to Bienne if any doubt.

Even non-Omega accesories frowned on - staff at one OB nearly had apoplexy when they saw my PO on a Di Modell 'Rallye' strap... :rodekaart

Things definitely getting more difficut...
'

·
Registered
127 Posts
My old Liquidmetal L/E PO

·
Registered
127 Posts
901 - 920 of 1238 Posts