WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1381 - 1400 of 1402 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Quick question. Does anyone know if I would be able to order the original steel bracelet from Omega for my 2200.50?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Quick question. Does anyone know if I would be able to order the original steel bracelet from Omega for my 2200.50?
Also you might want to consider ordering the bracelet of the 8500 with the screw & pin and adjustable clasp. I think some people have fitted it to the 2500 with the original end links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
Also you might want to consider ordering the bracelet of the 8500 with the screw & pin and adjustable clasp. I think some people have fitted it to the 2500 with the original end links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. I’ll give that a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!
I finally joined the gang!
I bought the 2201.51.00.
Dial.jpg

What year is this? And what version of the cal. 2500 am I rocking?

And why does the clasp only say "Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean" and does not have the word professional in it?

Also which way does the pins open on the bracelet? I am missing the arrow to point the direction. Is this also normal?

·
Registered
4 Posts
^ So I have done some digging and based on the serial, my piece is from 2007. It seems that some of these first gen PO's missed the text "professional" from the clasp. And this seems to be normal. Some Planet Oceans in Chrono24 from years 2006-2007 show this same trait.

A very well preserved first gen individual in my opinion dating back almost 15 years.
Based on the date wheel font the caliber is 2500C.

So only question remains: which way do the pins open? I have yet to adjust my bracelet.

·
Registered
201 Posts
^ So I have done some digging and based on the serial, my piece is from 2007. It seems that some of these first gen PO's missed the text "professional" from the clasp. And this seems to be normal. Some Planet Oceans in Chrono24 from years 2006-2007 show this same trait.

A very well preserved first gen individual in my opinion dating back almost 15 years.
Based on the date wheel font the caliber is 2500C.

So only question remains: which way do the pins open? I have yet to adjust my bracelet.
Beautiful watch, congratulations! Mine is from 2012 and has the arrows on the links but I find it very difficult to remove them.

I was hoping to get some tips on how to do it from other members.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Beautiful watch, congratulations! Mine is from 2012 and has the arrows on the links but I find it very difficult to remove them.

I was hoping to get some tips on how to do it from other members.
Thanks!

Could you explain which way the arrows point on your watch?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update: so after further inspection I was able to find the arrows. It seems that the bracelet has been buffed so that the arrows are now barely visible.

The pins were really tight and had tubes inside the links. However using a link removal tool I was able to complete the task without damaging the bracelet or the watch.

All is well and the journey with my first luxury watch has started.

EDIT: even in the picture I posted one can see the arrows pointing up etched on the links :D

1381 - 1400 of 1402 Posts