WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1661 - 1680 of 1683 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I had the XL for a few months. Loved it...but it was just too damn heavy. I tried to convince myself I liked "the heft" but eventually I sold it and bought the 42. A world of difference. Can wear it all day on metal and barely notice it.

Only thing that bothers me is that the numerals are not really orange - they're basically red. They look great against the black, but if you put it on a strap with orange on it, it just doesn't match. The tip of the second hand is actually orange.

Were these numbers always so dark, or did they darken over time? Anyone know?

View attachment 16757682
It is the second hand tip which is actually discoloured and should be darker. The color fades over time.

When service comes Omega will replace the hands and you will get a much darker tip for the second hand.

It is not red but dark orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just swaped the original clasp for a newer adjustable one so I can wear the bracelet in the summer. Contacted the Omega boutique in VA and they ordered the parts for me. It was around $380 after taxes. They refused to put everything together since the parts are not made for this particular bracelet. I researched on here and on other forums to find which parts I needed, and I can confirm this mod works. It was a pain to put the screws on for some reason; some went in with no issue, others were very problematic. In the end it all works and the adjustable clasp makes it really comfortable to wear.

Parts are:

Adjustable clasp 117STZ004666: $261
2 x clasp links 118ST1589: $53/each
4 x 124ST3307 screws: 4 screws complimentary
2 x 128ST0166 pins: 2 pins complimentary

The clasp and clasp links came with enough screws and pins so technically the extra screws and pins aren't needed but you never know if you're going to strip one of these tiny screws. Better have a few extra.

The new clasp is much shorter than the OG, so I had to add a full link to the bracelet. It isn't as streamlined as the OG either, but it's a small price to pay for the ability to adjust it. I can't believe Omega can't design a simple clasp with diver extension that can be adjusted by moving a pin around.

Here's a couple pics of the bracelet!

Watch Sleeve Font Material property Vehicle

Watch Human body Body jewelry Finger Gesture

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just swaped the original clasp for a newer adjustable one so I can wear the bracelet in the summer. Contacted the Omega boutique in VA and they ordered the parts for me. It was around $380 after taxes. They refused to put everything together since the parts are not made for this particular bracelet. I researched on here and on other forums to find which parts I needed, and I can confirm this mod works. It was a pain to put the screws on for some reason; some went in with no issue, others were very problematic. In the end it all works and the adjustable clasp makes it really comfortable to wear.

Parts are:

The clasp and clasp links came with enough screws and pins so technically the extra screws and pins aren't needed but you never know if you're going to strip one of these tiny screws. Better have a few extra.

The new clasp is much shorter than the OG, so I had to add a full link to the bracelet. It isn't as streamlined as the OG either, but it's a small price to pay for the ability to adjust it. I can't believe Omega can't design a simple clasp with diver extension that can be adjusted by moving a pin around.

View attachment 16769684
View attachment 16769683
Thanks for sharing.
Would this work on P/O cal.8500 42mm ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe you'd be able to do a direct swap of the clasp without the need for different clasp links, but someone can probably confirm!
This is exactly what I was told, although I have not yet done it. I have a Titanium clasp on order for my 42mm 8500 (been about 6 weeks). I stopped into the boutique this afternoon since I was in the area but it still hasn't arrived. I am not in any hurry.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

Parts are:

View attachment 16769684
View attachment 16769683
If you want the same length of the OG clasp, you can use the 1154 instead of the 4666 (You get 6 micro-adjustment positions instead of 3)

• The clasp ending in 4666 is 34.5mm long.
  • The clasp ending in 1154 is 39.5mm long.
  • The clasp ending in 1159 is 44mm long.

Clasp 4666 has 3 adjustments, while 1154 and 1159 both have 6 adjustments.​

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Got my 2500 back in 2007. 42mm. I also updated the micro adjustment clasp.. View attachment 16776748
Funny story time. This guy is one of my best friends. Met in high school. He got into watches a little while before me. I was living in jersey in 2007 and he calls me up one day and says "I'm buying this watch from a seller in PA, can you pick it up at fedex near you so I don't have to pay sales tax?" I rolled my eyes and said sure. I had no idea what I had in my hands at the time, but I knew it was damn nice. You don't even want to know how little he paid for this gem back then. And it was dead mint when we looked at it together! Total score. Those were the days...
I had a 45mm 2500 PO for a little while, but I still want a 2201.50. Eventually he's giving me this watch, one way or another!!! LOL

1661 - 1680 of 1683 Posts