WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of waffling I finally took the plunge and picked up a near-mint condition Planet Ocean 2500D (45.5mm XL) last month. Absolutely love it and wish I had done it sooner. I especially love the look and feel of the OEM bracelet. It’s a big boy (210g) and I’m fine with that for three out of four seasons but I know I’m going to want to throw it on a rubber strap for the summer. I have plenty of Barton Elites around, and those are great, but I definitely want to find a fitted rubber strap.

And that’s the issue. I know I can get an OEM strap from Omega but those are north of $350 and that just kills it for me. I’ve bought two different knock-off fitted straps from Ebay that say they fit the PO, but I couldn’t make either one work. The lug holes don’t seem to line up properly with the springbars.

I’ve poked around the internet (WUS and other places) for a while and read some curious things. One guy claimed that PO’s that came originally on bracelet have different lug hole positions than the ones that came originally on rubber. No idea if this is true, but it would explain it. I also wonder if the lug hole placement is different from the 2500 XL to the newer models, and so fitted straps may not be backwards compatible.

Anyway, mostly I’m wondering if anyone has recommendations for a quality fitted (non-OEM) rubber strap for a PO 2500 XL, or any insight into what the incompatibility issue may be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I had the 42mm version of the 2500 and used to swap the bracelet and OEM rubber all the time with no problems. I do believe, however, that the newer models do in fact have their lug holes in different locations, and thus they aren't backward compatible. Maybe these straps you bought are meant for the newer models and thats why they don't fit.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I had the 42mm version of the 2500 and used to swap the bracelet and OEM rubber all the time with no problems. I do believe, however, that the newer models do in fact have their lug holes in different locations, and thus they aren't backward compatible. Maybe these straps you bought are meant for the newer models and thats why they don't fit.
I can confirm the same on the PO 2500 XL. I bought it on the bracelet new, and bought the OEM rubber as well new and it fits perfectly.
You might be better off saving a bit, and buying the real thing to avoid wasting your time on rubber that don't fit. Down the line you can probably resale it and get some money back as well used. So the cost is not entirely lost, and you will get a very good quality rubber matching perfectly the watch.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Take a look at the Hirsch performance straps. Theyre not integrated lug straps but theyre nice and thick and suit the PO watch. Plenty of colour texture options as well. I would never risk an unknown quality strap from ebay or etsy on something like a PO

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Not really what you were asking, but I would also look at putting the strap on a deployment. I love mine (though I bought it new like that) and its really comfortable.

·
Registered
559 Posts
you can also ask zealande if the have a strap that fits the 45po, i have asked about the 42 2500 po and they said that none of theirs fit, but there is a guy that got a perfect fit on a railmaster 39mm. I used to have the railmaster and i had fitted my po bracelet on the raily with no problem, so the zealande should also be compatible. the fact that it costs around 150euro has stopped me from trying it out, to be honest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts