·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Well, as long as you like it. ;)

Reactions: Titan II

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Nice. I am wondering if the same can be done for the 22mm Hirsch Accent. Never thought about sanding it down. Might be a much better alternative to cutting.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice! I love the PO. And no, size is perfect for you. I believe sport watches should be on the "big" side and this one on your wrist is not even "big" but very proportional. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nah, that's just the nature of wrist shots taken like that. You can see the discrepancy below, one is taken directly and the other in a mirror. Looks like a totally different watch. Second one is how most people would see it.

View attachment 15856343

View attachment 15856346
Re: all the size comments, this guys got it right. If you want the technical reason, camera phones are super wide angle lenses (but cropped due to the small sensors). At short distances, the effects of lens compression (extreme lack there of) are super skewed.

Watch fits perfectly fine. Looking at it with my eyes, there's at least a cm on each side of visible wrist beyond each lug end. I have worn a 47mm, which was obviously large and I would not personally do.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice. I am wondering if the same can be done for the 22mm Hirsch Accent. Never thought about sanding it down. Might be a much better alternative to cutting.
Yeah, I ended up going with 400 grit and didn't even have to jump up to finer grains. You can't even tell that it was sanded, so I may experiment with this with some other rubber straps given how hard it is to find 21mm.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He’s just on the edge. The lugs extend right to his wrist edges without overhang. Plus on bracelet it has female end links.
"Female" in reference to watch sizing these days really just means "reasonable."

IMO there's a point where regardless of the wrist size / watch size ratio, a watch can simply look too big. Larger than a PO 43.5 just looks big, but this size is super nice to me. Even if you have a mammoth wrist, having bracelet end links that are more flared out than what comes with the PO (the "female end links") just doesn't look like a good design.

I think Omega really did some stuff right with this. Short lugs, compact endlinks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I feel like yes, pretty much anything that doesn't have intricate design that you're sanding in to. I just went slowly and used my caliper to get it right to 21mm. I'd say the biggest challenge is ensuring you're doing it evenly.

·
Premium Member
13,223 Posts
Nah, that's just the nature of wrist shots taken like that. You can see the discrepancy below, one is taken directly and the other in a mirror. Looks like a totally different watch. Second one is how most people would see it.

View attachment 15856343

View attachment 15856346
When taking a wrist shot with a phone it’s better to use the zoom function (e.g. c. 20%) instead of moving the camera closer. Using a mirror is the best way, however.

·
Registered
592 Posts
"Female" in reference to watch sizing these days really just means "reasonable."

IMO there's a point where regardless of the wrist size / watch size ratio, a watch can simply look too big. Larger than a PO 43.5 just looks big, but this size is super nice to me. Even if you have a mammoth wrist, having bracelet end links that are more flared out than what comes with the PO (the "female end links") just doesn't look like a good design.

I think Omega really did some stuff right with this. Short lugs, compact endlinks.
Agree.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts