WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which Color Bezel for the Planet Ocean?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Black with 0rang3 numbers! More versatile, and when you get the urge or bored or both, order you an orange bezel and play swap when your feelin' silly :)

·
Banned
83 Posts
ORANGE !!!!

If you want black go buy a Rolex Submariner or something

the whole uniqunes of a PO is the Orange

hint look on top of the Omega page on the forum... I see an Orange PO as the logo why not black ? :-!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
ORANGE !!!!

hint look on top of the Omega page on the forum... I see an Orange PO as the logo why not black ? :-!
hmm... Maybe because the black one wouldn't show up very well against the black panel??

Take a look at the pictures of the Black PO by Richard. :)
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=242430

Rolex???? :roll:

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Black for me. :) I once tried a Doxa Pro 750T; and I couldn't handle the orange. It was flipped a couple of weeks later. :-d

·
Registered
112 Posts
Have to vote orange, the box is always full of other black watches.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Black . . . classy, understated, and goes with anything else you'd wear. Oh, I think the orange PO is good looking . . . but I am more an understated person, myself! And that black bezel goes really well with a black suit or tuxedo!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I spent a LONNNNNNGGGG long time on this decision earlier in the summer and finally arrived at the orange bezel, knowing that I could swap to black bezel if I really grew weary of the orange. At the time, it was my first high-end Omega and meant to be the daily driver. In hindsight, knowing what I know now and focusing on a one watch purchase, I would have likely gone for the black/white combo. Fortunately for me, my Omega lust continued and I now have the Speedy Pro and the 2254.50. So I have some more normal watches that are versatile for real business or tuxedo wear, while still having that extra special orange bezel that can't be beat for casual/weekend attire.

I've lately noticed some very drool-worthy photos of the black bezel PO and the red/orange numbers. I am hoping to eventually acquire a spare black bezel, so I can swap it onto my orange PO and achieve this look. I believe the orange is a fun color for the summer, around this time of year (Halloween) and if you're supporting school sports that include orange in the uniform...but for the more dormant winter months, my orange PO would likely go into hibernation. Thus, I think it would be cool to have the option to change bezels 1-2x per year. The black is definitely a bit more versatile, as a few others have mentioned.

It is only about $200 to have the spare bezel, so you could have both.

Regards,
Eric

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yea. I think the black bezel looks really classy. But the orange bezel just screams "Omega PO". Haha.

·
Registered
135 Posts
imo it depends on ur need....get the black one...if its going to be your primary watch,and u r going to wear it regularly..

but if u already have too many black watches...better get the orange one...its beautiful and i think many people associate the colour with po(btw when u r wearing it for the 1st time, everyone would notice your new watch:-d)

·
Registered
8,149 Posts

hint look on top of the Omega page on the forum... :-!
Absolutely 100% agree. Orange gives the PO its personality; black just looks a bit, "blah."

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
You already know which one I prefer. The orange is just so stunning. I agree the B/W is really nice, too, but there are a gazillion black face watches out there, and I'd be willing to bet that most of us have a b/w combo in our collections already. If it's your only watch, I see the logic of the Black and White. If it's not, go orange.
Good luck, whichever you choose.

;-) KAT

·
Registered
468 Posts
They should refer to it as the Oranges, three different shades of orange all in one watch.

I personally prefer black bezel with the orange numbers, The orange is a bit "Hey look at me" - I have a breitling for that ;)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I first noticed the PO with orange bezel on orange strap at my AD. I thought it looked gorgeous.

But after trying it, I had the feeling I would get tired of it, and the black is more classic, and goes with everything... can be sporty/classy.

So went for black on SS at the end :-!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts