WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, and thanks in advance for your replies.

I am looking at a 2006 Planet Ocean 2201.50 which was originally bought from what looks like an AD in Japan. It has the box and an international warranty card, but no pictogram or chronometer certificate. The seller says the numbers all match up.

Is this unusual and, if so, would the absence of the other cards affect value?

Thanks!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Any pictures? Are you sure that model # is correct? Perhaps the other cards got lost, but the fact that he still has the warranty card on its own is a bit odd. I would argue the warranty card is the most coveted out of all of them, but I wouldn't worry too much about value.

Also, the older a watch is, the less likely it will have all of the accessories included. People lose stuff, etc.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Any pictures? Are you sure that model # is correct? Perhaps the other cards got lost, but the fact that he still has the warranty card on its own is a bit odd. I would argue the warranty card is the most coveted out of all of them, but I wouldn't worry too much about value.

Also, the older a watch is, the less likely it will have all of the accessories included. People lose stuff, etc.

Thanks so much for your reply. Here is a photo of the warranty card.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi everyone, and thanks in advance for your replies.

I am looking at a 2006 Planet Ocean 2100.50 which was originally bought from what looks like an AD in Japan. It has the box and an international warranty card, but no pictogram or chronometer certificate. The seller says the numbers all match up.

Is this unusual and, if so, would the absence of the other cards affect value?

Thanks!
Meant 2201.50! Apologies for the confusion!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Well the box is legit. Those boxes were made from a special omega material that started to decompose the second it left the shop. As to the watch, no idea as there is only a photo of some links. Try searching for the specific serial number of the watch. The fakers tend to use 1 serial number for a specific watch. Have a dig around the "replica" websites. While youre there have a laugh at all the idiots complaining that their £500 * homage has filled up with water. Even better, the complaints about QC.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the box is legit. Those boxes were made from a special omega material that started to decompose the second it left the shop. As to the watch, no idea as there is only a photo of some links. Try searching for the specific serial number of the watch. The fakers tend to use 1 serial number for a specific watch. Have a dig around the "replica" websites. While youre there have a laugh at all the idiots complaining that their £500 * homage has filled up with water. Even better, the complaints about QC.
[/QUOTE
The box looks like it has been eaten by moths! Thanks very much for your advice. Here is a photo of the watch. I have seen videos as well, and it looks beautiful. I have ordered it on the basis that I can return it if I am not sure about it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Yeah that stuff looks legit, but as @thx67 suggested, compare with pictures of reps to make sure that you're not buying a fake. If this purchase is through Chrono24 or eBay you should be fine, but for a private transaction it might get a little risky if you don't know what to look for.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that stuff looks legit, but as @thx67 suggested, compare with pictures of reps to make sure that you're not buying a fake. If this purchase is through Chrono24 or eBay you should be fine, but for a private transaction it might get a little risky if you don't know what to look for.
Thank you so much for taking the time to look at it. I am buying through Chrono 24 and the dealer has given me a good degree of confidence. I am more concerned about paying a premium price for a watch with papers when it only has some of them. I really love the watch, and am impatient, so I think I will just suck it up!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Thank you so much for taking the time to look at it. I am buying through Chrono 24 and the dealer has given me a good degree of confidence. I am more concerned about paying a premium price for a watch with papers when it only has some of them. I really love the watch, and am impatient, so I think I will just suck it up!
Then there's very little to worry about, especially if you're using the escrow service. Those watches are getting harder and harder to find in good condition with all accessories, so just get it and enjoy.

Edit: I found the watch you're looking at. That seller is legit

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then there's very little to worry about, especially if you're using the escrow service. Those watches are getting harder and harder to find in good condition with all accessories, so just get it and enjoy.

Edit: I found the watch you're looking at. That seller is legit
Thank you, and yes I am using the escrow service. I wouldn't trust myself to say whether it was genuine or not, but at least when I receive it I can check the watch number against the (lonely) warranty card. The dealer gives a 12 month warranty, and I will have it serviced in that period so if the watchmaker comes up with anything unusual I can always go back on the warranty. As I say, the dealer seems very good. I am very excited about getting it and will post some photos when it arrives. Just waiting for it to be pressure tested before it is posted.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thank you, and yes I am using the escrow service. I wouldn't trust myself to say whether it was genuine or not, but at least when I receive it I can check the watch number against the (lonely) warranty card. The dealer gives a 12 month warranty, and I will have it serviced in that period so if the watchmaker comes up with anything unusual I can always go back on the warranty. As I say, the dealer seems very good. I am very excited about getting it and will post some photos when it arrives. Just waiting for it to be pressure tested before it is posted.
You're buying through a service with some protection so I wouldn't worry. A lot of watches come with missing cards, etc. as non-wis are not too concerned with keeping those things on hand and they do tend to get lost. That box actually seems to be in above-average condition considering the ones from that era really do age horribly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts