WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about what watch models I would like to plan for in 2010 and just checking some of the ideas against the 'collective wisdom' of the existing owners - what kind of prices could I expect to pay for a (non-new but in good / very good condition):

a) Breitling aerospace (proably with metal bracelet, but I only like the models which have just one color of metal without any gold and a blue or black face);

b) Campanola A660 ?

If you are not comfortable posting the prices you have paid please just send me a private message ...

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I was thinking about what watch models I would like to plan for in 2010 and just checking some of the ideas against the 'collective wisdom' of the existing owners - what kind of prices could I expect to pay for a (non-new but in good / very good condition):

a) Breitling aerospace (proably with metal bracelet, but I only like the models which have just one color of metal without any gold and a blue or black face);

b) Campanola A660 ?

If you are not comfortable posting the prices you have paid please just send me a private message ...

I have bought one used Aerospace and one new one..... and sold both of them. I paid about $1500 for the used one and got about $1200 and $1000 for the new and used one respectively. Both had metal (titanium) bracelets, one was blue and the other was black. I should think you could expect to pay somewhere between $1200 and $1500 for what you have described. I haven't seen a lot advertised but there were several when I was selling mine.... of course!

I've only ever even heard of one used A 660 Campanola being bought, and while I don't remember the details, it seems to me that the selling price was astonishingly low. I believe that only a small number were ever made so that one's probably going to be a lot harder to find than the Breitling.

Best of luck with your searches and I hope you enjoy both the hunt and the results!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Expect to pay between 1200-1700 for a used Aerospace Avantage. Earlier models cost a bit less. Sometimes you can get a non-SQ Aerospace for about 800.00 or so.

An A660 Campanola is also on my list, but I saw one for sale only once and by the time I got there, it was gone :-(

I also recommend the Breitling Emergency but since I have one, I am quite biased :)

·
Banned
593 Posts
My biggest complaint with the Aerospace>>>

a snapback caseback isn't as robust as a screw down in terms of long term w.r.

In fact, a freelance watchmaker I once knew 10 years or so ago, told me water damage is not uncommon for that particular model, and that's when I realized...no wonder a snapback caseback!

If money wasn't an object, a Seiko Spring Drive variant (perferrably a GS model!), or the Bell and Ross function would be my current choice. I'm sure the Function's equipped with probably some run of the mill ETA movement that doesn't really qualify for true HEQ...Actually aesthetics overall FUNCTION (no pun!) of a high end quartz watch play a more important roll for me personally, than if it can compete (accuracy wise) to my Chronomaster.

I just love the looks of this watch...period!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts